V9 Bad Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V9 Bad Experience

I was teaching a person, new to the Amaya and new to embroidery, this morning at my house. I just put on V9, both DS and OS, this weekend. I digitized one rather advance design and then decreased the size. I sewed both of these out using OS v9 and there were no problems with the sewing. With the digitizing, I kept losing the design. wouldn't appear on the screen, but would highlight a certain part of the design in the rt panel, just like it was on the screen. I had other problems with getting locked into screens and not being able to get out. One of the problems is that the little window that pops up when you are "saving as" and you choose a file name that already exists, well, that little pop up is hidden behind other screens. I just didn't catch on that that is what was happening until I downed all the screen showing and there it was. And the reason I was locked in was that it wanted me to click on Yes or No. That popup screen should always be on top and it isn't!

Then, when my student was there, I started to sew out an M that we digitized in V9, Bookman TTF, 2 inches high. halfway through the underlay, my machine started to make the most horrible grinding/rubbing loud noise. I slammed on the Emergency stop. When I started again - same thing.

So, I am back to V7 which I still have. I redigitized the same M in V7 and it sewed out just fine. So, does anyone have a clue as to what is happening? As far as I can tell, there are big bad bugs in V9, both DS and OS. It is kind of demoralizing.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Dear Juli,
    The grinding sound is a belt that needs to be tightened. We had to have a tech come out because it needs to be calibrated. I have also had the design or part of it disappearing. Mentioned this to engineers at Melco and the suggested I update the video drivers from the computer software web site. It is part of you computer system. Different computers have it in differnt places. Maybe someone who is more computer savey can help.
    I didn't have the problem on our laptop after working with it tonight. Hope some of this helps.
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

So, how come this belt just happens to need tightening when I am starting to use V9. I don't believe in coincidences like that. And it is not an easy thing for me to get a tech here. Plane fare, renting a car. I just had him out not too long ago.

But I will try to update the video drivers. I just hope there is such a thing for my Tablet PC.

So, did you update the video driver for your computer? Did it help? I do have another very small 10" barely computer. Maybe I'll throw everything on there. Only thing is it doesn't have a disk drive of any kind.

Geez, what have I gotten myself into?

And thanks for responding.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Juli

The noise you are hearing is just as Margaret
        said. Your X-cable,Y-belts,and or Y-Motor belts need adjustment. You may not have noticed any difference in sew quality in Version 7, but the belts and cable on some of the Amaya XT's not the Amaya need to be calibrated/ fine tuned with Version 9 or you will get that Grinding noise that you are hearing.The motors are very exact in the position that they move to and if the load on the motor from the belts or cable is not enough the motors will chatter trying to hold that position.

Do you have a tech nearby to make these adjusments?

Hugo Torbidoni
        Melco Tech
        301-471-3157
        Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Juli,

I had the same problem on 3 of my machines when I installed version 9. The x cables were loose and when the machine moved on the x axis (left and right) there was a harmonic from the cable. The reason it doesn't do it with version 7 is they have changed the RSA/CSA files and the machine runs smoother and with better quality. Tighten up that sloppy cable and your troubles will be gone (for the machine anyway). There are still a few bugs in the DS.

Steve I.
          Trinity Embroidery
          Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I guess I'll call Melco today. I have to finish my coffee first. Mot quite 6am here yet.

A few bugs? Yea, I'd say that. But I did digitize a shark in 3 colors and that worked really well. I got a very good design. But I have a question about digitizing.

When I digitize a design that I really have to think about pathing, I put connection runs in between objects as I go. Then at the end I do the Auto Seq and end up with all kinds of little runs, many of which I did not put in that are totally useless. Should I be trying to path as I go along or just do the Auto Seq and then check the path? Or path as I go and not do the Auto Seq at all. This Shark design had white, then black and some of it was loose shading on top of the white, then more loose white on top of the black, then a little red in the mouth.

I like to use the Auto Seq feature because it works very well. But am I doing double work by trying to path as I go along?

Juli in Kona

Comment

I updated the video driver on my Dell XP after reading suggestions on this list. I immediately began receiving messages on the screen in some programs that my video driver was not correct for my computer. DS, PE Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver all had strange things that began happening on screen. I just used the option to roll back the video driver to the previous version.

I still have a few instances of not seeing parts of a design or some elements in the project list but not like it was at first. I am now thinking that it may not be the video driver that is my problem. I used the automatic update and it told me that my driver was correctly updated. Something just wasn't right so rather than struggle with new drivers, etc. I just decided to roll it back and wait a little longer to see what exactly is best. I am thinking I will just buy a new computer with a 26" screen. One big problem in potential purchase of a new computer is that the only Dell's that I saw on their site that were faster were all 64 bit machines.

A computer store nearby told me that the Samsung large monitors were the only ones on which they would offer extended warranty. They just had too many problems with other brands that they would not even sell extended warranty for any others.

I am glad to know that a list member is using a 26" and it is fine for DS9. It always helps to know what an actual user has to say.

Has anyone else updated their video driver and had more problems after doing so?

Marcelle
              Marcelle Lewis
              http://embroideryavenue.com
              http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Ok, I am gonna put my foot in it now...

Always be suspect when a tech support person from any software provider suggests that the problem lay in outdated drivers.

Here is why I say this: Updating drivers is generally safe, but only generally. A person not experienced with doing this sort of procedure can easily make a mistake. Then after the update it can be difficult to determine if the problem is with the software or the driver update.

I am not speaking directly to DS but in general when a new app is not working correctly it is usually not the video driver.

That being said, I strongly advocate keeping all your system drivers up to date. I personally use a program called Driver Detective which in many cases makes the process as easy as it can be. The first time I ran it on my computer it identified 28 outdated drivers.

My point is that I am very cautious trying to update system drivers when trying to troubleshoot a new app.

Comment

I agree with being cautious but in our case both of our computers were a few years old and the updates we did seem to have made a difference. Margaret
                  Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Working...
                  X