selector stepper error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selector stepper error

What is a selector stepper index error? I get this error occasionally but today on a design I had previously sewed out without the error.

Should I be doing something specific when I get this error? Is there somewhere to find all the error codes and what they mean? I checked the manual and couldn't find anything.
    Thank you.
    Joanna

I get this on occasion and usually never in a repeatable place (i.e. on a design that sews fine one time, then the error the next time). I have always been able to just hit the green button and it continues as expected.

There are several posts in the forums on this error. Some have explanations on what to check, others just say ignore it. I only get it once in a while so I have chosen to ignore it for the time being...

Do a search on the forums and look for "selector stepper"...
    June & Marty<br />JuneForever<br />Custom Apparel and Gifts<br /><br />443-904-5060<br />[email protected]<br /><br />Marty\'s email: [email protected]

Comment

Joanna,
      The selector is part of the trimming system only on the Amaya XT. This selector stepper index error is telling you the selector did not move correctly for one reason or another. Whether there is a mechanical bind, birdsnest, lack of oil, alignment necessary, motor is faulty, screw is loose, etc....
      Have you spoken with Melco's tech support on this?? Your serial number will tell them a lot.
      Best of luck to you.
      Ed Orantes
      Melco Tech & Trainer
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed,
        Thank you for the information. Since it happens only infrequently I didn't call tech support but perhaps I should. Coincidentallly, right after that occurred it quit recognizing color changes and continued sewing through the color change on the previous color. I ended up having to trash that bag since I didn't recognize it soon enough and then the next 4 bags sewed out beautifully.
        Joanna

Comment

I have seen this. What kind of stitch are you using? A fill or?

Dennis

Comment

Working...
          X