Embroidery File Extensions | Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidery File Extensions | Compatibility

When I bring in a DST file directly to the OS, the stitch count is 35,126. When I bring in the same DST file into Design Shop Pro Plus, the stitch count is 41,059. Why is that? The design also stitches out better if I bring directly to the OS instead of into Design Shop and then "sending it to machine." I like to change my colors and save as OFM, but now I'm wondering if that's a bad idea. What format is more compatible to OFM and why? What is everyone else using and why?

~geri

The best you can hope for is to have DST (expanded stitch file) saved with thread colors when you save it as an OFM file. You can never get back to the original data file that created the DST file. And if you keep converting it from one expanded format to another then you can actually have sewing problems occur due to poor conversions.
    Digital Stitchz / LaserWorkz<br />905 Texas Street<br />Fairfield, CA 94533<br />707-426-9963<br /><br />Embroidery, Screenpriinting, laser engraving and banners<br /><br />We keep you in STITCHZ, make your life colorful & your business more visible.

Comment

Working...
    X