No announcement yet.

Using Fonts from Other Emb Software???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Fonts from Other Emb Software???

When I first started doing embroidery it was on a home machine and I bought the Husqvarna 4D Professional software. I still own it and have the dongle for it. But then I bought Design Shop Pro+ not too long after buying my Amaya XT. There are some fonts in my 4D software that I want to use in DS. Is there any way I can copy the 4D fonts into a DS folder so that I can use them in my DS software. Or is there any other way to access my 4D fonts while in DS?

Thank you!!!
    Di<br />Designs by Di

DS Pro+ should open your hsk files. You need to know where on the puter they are. Then open DS and "brouse" to the location, open the file and when you save it it will become an OFM file.
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

After re-reading your post I realize I have not helped you at all. Please accept my oops.

Comment

LOL, that's okay. You gave me a good laugh at 2 AM.
        Di<br />Designs by Di

Comment

You need to use the HSK fonts to create the file, then save in in the native format(HSK). Then open the HSK file in DS. Now you have the lettering you want in the format you are after. Look it over very closely. There may be some issues that you may have to manually correct.

Comment

What are you doing awake at this hour???

Comment

Thanks, that might make sense tomorrow!!!

What am I doing up, what are YOU doing up???

I'm a crazy mom of a 3 1/2 yr old and a 19 month old who is a night owl and can only find time to "learn" the business at these crazy hours.

What's your excuse?
              Di<br />Designs by Di

Comment

hi
                If you're wanting to just use keyboard fonts from another software package,and have them operate exactly as they would in the native package - unfortunately you cannot/and yes, in instances you can.

Each software package has its own native format.
                The best results on keyboard lettering are obtained from within native creations ( native - meaning created within the original software as the high level file that contains all outline/color info etc...eg.Coreldraw has a CDR file..Wilcom has the EMB file..)

Some software will allow you to create keyboard lettering from standard machine files like DST etc,and for the most part it will act like keyboard lettering, but may not resize too well depending on how much resizing needs to be done..but in a crunch, it can get the job done for you. The ability to create system lettering is usually found in the top levels of most packages.

If you have software that allows you to create from machine files , what you can do is this: Create the keyboard text in the original software at the biggest size you can ,and then export that file ( dst,exp,dsb etc) This allows for the best degree of outline accuracy, although you do not have the full outline accuracy as you would have in a 'native'software file.

You can then import that in another software that allows letter creation functionality,and create the keyboard font file from that. Remember this is a quick solution. For optimum lettering results, the font should be fully digitized,and saved within a software package.

So..the instance of possibility, depends on your software brand,and its capability.

bye
                Nevi

Comment

Working...
                X