satin to a fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satin to a fill

You guys know everything so here goes.....last year I took a Dakota design (about 2x3)and used it on a shirt back (about 6x7). It sewed out fairly well, not as I wanted but it was on a cotton twill shirt, and it was a shirt back.... so over all it turned out fair....after stewing on it for about a year now I came up with the ides of changing the satin stitches to fill stitches. My question is: Is there a way to changed all of the satin stitches to fill stitches in one fail swoop? I went into the design and I can do it one tiny section at the time, but that's no good....what do you think?

I have found a real sweet way to do just that! If you go to the design name in the "trr" on the right side, right click with the mouse and go to properties. Go to colum tab and change stitch from satin to fill. make sure short stitches is off. change the stitch length to something like 70-80, # of partitions to 3, and partition sequence to 020. It will look on the screen like everything is a double satin stitch but when you embroider it, it should blend a lot better. Also, when you embroider it, since it is a "fill" stitch, you can change the column feed to 40 or so, so it wont pucker as much, put the run/fill feed to 102 and for a polo, material thickness to 10. I have done this a ton of times for designs, even large lettering that people for some reason want embroidered... after it is done, if you have a heat press, use it, if not, it should be ok. Also, make sure all the lock stitches in the design aer there, just in case.
    If you want to send me the design, I can fiddle with it and send it back to you "altered". Thanks. hope this helps and if it doesnt make sense, let me know.

Comment

Are these instructions for rescaling any design that sews out dense? Or just satin to fill columns? I would love to know what everyone does to rescale a stock design (which is oftentimes dense) to a nice, draped embroidery design.

Comment

Well, the trick is it must be an .ofm file or a .cnd file that shows the individual elements. An expanded file will just look like your cat got into the thread box. When you order your designs or have them digitized, I always ask that they be sent in .cnd (condensed) format. you may need to tweak the design a bit, but you can go from 1" to 12" with a click of a button. then iot is just a matter of changing some fills, widening some columns, etc... I have had great success and if anyone wants to send me a file, I can work on it for them for free. The more I do, the more I learn!!! [img]redface.gif[/img] )

Comment

Working...
        X