Design shop Pro+ 2005 version & Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design shop Pro+ 2005 version & Vista

Hi all, hope all are doing well today. I just got a new computer with Vista, my first experience with it. I have the 2005 versions (last update of that version I guess, where the auto actifeed had just come out). Well, can anyone tell me what the problems are when trying to run an older version like mine on Vista? I still have my laptop, but would like to run all I can on the new one. If I can’t run the OS on it, can I at least run the DS on it? Has anyone had any luck running the program compatibility part of Vista with either OS or DS? Just wondering. I know I’ll have to upgrade soon, but was waiting until I can attend one of the shows to get it at a better price. Also, does anyone know offhand what new features have been introduced since the 2005 version? Thanks! Edna
    Etched In Thread
    Preserving Your Memories in Thread

You must have the last version of 2007 or 2008 DesignShop to run it on Vista.
    I have 2005 and tried to install it on Vista and it wouldn't happen, got a ton of errors trying to do so.

Comment

Edna,
      It may be tricky to go back in my memory to figure out what the changes were from 2005 to 2006 to 2007. But as you can imagine, Melco continues to make it better every year. One feature that comes to mind is the redraw tool in DS. It is now on the front screen and very user friendly. There are also many more hoops available in the hoop manager. A couple of Operator Alphabet fonts have been added.
      As for AOS, you've got the Auto Acti-feed feature that is a must if you don't have it already. Of course it has been fine tuned since it's inception so it works rather well. You also have a lower limit for the acti-feed feature that allows you greater control.
      It wasn't until the last quarter of 2007 that a version of Melco software came available that made it compatible with Windows Vista. I've only had the opportunity to install it on one customer's computer and they don't seem to be having any troubles to speak of but personally I don't like Vista as of yet. I guess it's because it's new and the fact that I'm so comfortable with Windows XP/2000. I've spoken with a great number of folks who feel the same about Vista. I'm sure in time people will warm up to it but don't know how long that will take.
      Ed Orantes
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

And don't forget the the next version of DS is coming out very soon - early March. A whole new look/feel with lots of very convenient features. One of the biggest is that the color will now be a part of a particular object - going to like that.

I saw it at the ISS and was very impressed.

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

The new software will require a DVD player cause the files won't fit onto a CD anymore. I have to go get an external DVD so I can load mine and just haven't got around to it yet.
          Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

You can get a nice one at Best Buy for about $100 [img]smile.gif[/img]
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
            Hilton Head Island, SC
            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Newegg has a Sony DVD player for $27.99. All new computers come with DVD's now. If your computer doesn't have a DVD player, it might be time to upgrade the PC. A lot of software is on DVD now instead of CD's.

Comment

My DS computer is about 4 years old but its still plenty fast enough so no sense in replacing it just yet and my AMAYA computer I picked up about 2 years ago from a friend for $250 and its a pretty fast network computer with just barebones but lots of memory and ram so I am thinking a external DVD would do the trick for both computers and any others if I ever need a portable DVD. I just spent $2k on PIM on my 6 AMAYA's so i don't see new computers in the near future. The girls sure are running good now though.

Thanks again Rod & Sharon. You do such a great job it is much appreciated.

Oh yeah, I forgot your Lamb Chops. I'll have to get those to you. They are the best
                Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Hi Aaron,
                  Got the Lamb Chops (your Dad gave them to me before we left) and am anxious to BBQ them! Thanks so much and it was nice to see you, your father and "the girls" again.
                  Sharon
                  Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you so much for the information, everyone. I received an email today from Melco about discounts on the DS and OS so maybe this is a good time to upgrade/update. I keep wanting to do embroidery stuff on the new computer then remember that I can't :-( Have a wonderful weekend! Edna
                    Etched In Thread
                    Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X