Prnting thread list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prnting thread list

In DS Pro +, is there a way to print out the thread list? Thread lists are not a problem for small designs, but photo realistic designs where you have many color changes are a bear.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

If you want to print just the thread list, on the print screen (or print setup) have only the Print Status/Notes box checked. It will give you a report with each thread change: how many stitches with the thread type & number assigned to each.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
    Bee Embroidered
    www.BeeEmbroidered.com
    (916) 635-7467
    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

To add to Dorothy's wonderful response if you put your thread colors or any other notes in the notepad it will also print for you. I list all my color combos on the notepad so it can be printed. I use the RGB colors rather than brand names so this works real nice for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Maybe I'm not looking at the right thing, or understanding correctly, but how do you get it to print out the NAME of the thread instead of the thread number. I went through all the trouble of finding all the numbers so I know the thread name, but when it prints it says, for example, "5682 R-A Super Brite Poly." So I end up having to write down all the names by hand. What the "H"
        Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Now, is there a way to save this thread list into a pdf or other document file? Thanks!
          Jazmin from Mexico in San Antonio <br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a><br /> <a href=\"http://www.etsy.com/shop/poshlittlethings\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.etsy.com/shop/poshlittlethings</a>

Comment

I notirce that I started thisd thread a few years ago! How time flys when you are having fun or when you are old!

I have a program called SnagIt. I use it every day! Some of the best money I ever spent on a program. I the case of thread colors and by the way, my private list of threads include not only the name of the color, but the placement in my drawers. For instance 2034 Carnation Pink 3-7 Marathon Poly. Marathon does not have color names, so I just named them myself. the 3-7 is the 3rd row and the 7th in that row. On the Marathon thread card, it is the 3rd column, the 7th one down. Makes it easy for me!

But, you areright, I can't get a list of thread colors out of DS with the name of the cokor. In that case, I would just use SnagIt to grab that section of the color list on the DS screen and save it in a jpg file. The file I always get is a graphic, not a doc, file. But it works. And lets face it, it is so much easier to remember a Name rather than a number. I know exactly what color my Grass Green is, but I can't tell you the number.

Juli in kona

Comment

I LOVE "SnagIt" it is well worth the money.

I have been using it for about 4 years...
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Is Snag It a screen capture software? Who sells it? I saw it as a free download on various sites or is this something different?

Comment

Here is a link

http://www.techsmith.com/

Tech Smith is the compamy.
                  [email protected]
                  Jerome in Minnesota
                  (320)259-1151

Comment

What a pain in the arse that is. Maybe they'll think about updating it later on to be able to print the name, rather than the number. I don't need it to say the thread manufacturer either.....just the thread name please. Oh well!

I know how to just take a screen shot, and then I could crop that down to just the area with the thread, but even still, what if the thread list is crazy long? Or just the fact that it's a graphic and not text so it's printing out all that extra background and wasting my ink. Plah... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

&gt;&gt;&gt;what if the thread list is crazy long? Or just the fact that it's a graphic and not text so it's printing out all that extra background and wasting my ink.

That is why I like SnagIt. It will copy all the way to the bottom of a window, even if I can't see it on the screen. It will even copy flyouts, even the part I can't see. If I have a 100 different color changes, it will copy them all. Very cool program. AND, with very few clicks, I can get rid of the background color. No wasted ink. Really a very nice little program that I use every day. What did I do before SnagIt???**!!

Juli in Kona

Comment

So essentially, the answer is no, DS does not allow you to print color names rather than numbers. I'm not saying that SnagIt isn't sweet, it's just that it's another step I have to take when I'm looking to SAVE a step.
                        Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Working...
                        X