Group Names again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Names again

I really like Group Names. I am starting to do team stuff. The word is getting around and people are starting to come to me.

But I have a question. To get it to wait for you to get the next item one the machine, it says to use "P" after the last color. That works beautifully for names only, i.e. one color. But Now I am doing the design, 3 needle changes, and one more change for the name. If I use the P which is Pause, it stops after every color change and I have to hit the start button to proceed. Is there a setting for it to just stop after the last color?

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Unless they changed it, nope! Unfortunately I found that out 3 years ago...and the same happens when you put a 'pause' in to run an applique hold down outline. One pause-EVERYTHING pauses.
    I think the way around it is to do the name LAST, so it sews all colors before putting the name down, then the pause.
    I think Jeff explained it last week or so in detail to someone else-maybe a 'search' for 'group name' would pull up that thread and you can double check.

Roland

Comment

Juli,

Use the HOLD, not the Pause. The pause will stop after every color change and is meant to do so, a Hold only stops the one time.

If you are going to do all the same colors for all names, then only those needles/colors need to be programmed, then a Hold for last command. When it hits the Hold, it will change to the First color of the new name, stop and beep. As the needles selected will wrap around after hitting the last command, you only have to program the sequence once, not for all names and color changes.

Jeff Banks

Comment

Jeff, would the 'hold' work on applique outline also? We do patches and applique, for patchs I make a round outline, sew that, pause, place patch, sew duplicate (smaller) outline to tack it down, then sew design. Because of the pause, we have to babysit every patch as it sews-with 12 colors that's a pain.
        If I used 'hold' after the first outline, would that work and continue sewing everything else?
        Roland

Comment

Roland,

The hold would work for that.
          Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Roland,

The hold would work, but there is also an Applique command that works like the Hold, but also moves the hoop out to make it easier to place the material down, when start is pressed it moves the hoop back in to the correct spot and resumes sewing.

Jeff Banks

Comment

I did do that when I was using only one color (just names), and it didn't ever stop. Tried to sew one name on top of another! In the Manual it says to use the P which I interpret as Pause, and that did work.

I have to go out for half the day today, but when I get back, I'll try using the Hold again and see if works differently when using more than one color.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Julie,

I think the Design Shop manual states to use the P in Melco Embroidery Machines EXCEPT the Amaya. At least the manual I have that is the one in the computer with Design Shop. What I do not understand is we (Melco) makes the statement that it is different in the Amaya but does not add what the difference is.

I tested the Hold on one color names just to make sure it worked and it worked as it should for me. I am using the latest 2006.5 Design Shop and Amaya OS. If you are using a different version perhaps there is a problem with older versions? The DS is 7.00.046 and AOS is 7.00.056.

Jeff Banks

Comment

Thanks Jeff...I'll try it and see what happens. I know in the past we tried having the hoop move forward after sewout, and it would not restart the next one...never tried that again.
                  So we'll give the applique a try.

Roland

Comment

Juli,

When you are doing it with one color I think if you put a color change at the end of the design then that will trigger the machine to stop at the end of each logo/name. Without the color change it will just keep going cause the stop is not for the end of the design but for a color change.
                    Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

I have the latest as I just bought DS Plus Pro and they sent the most recent OS ver.

I will test out the Hold. Doesn't work if I have just one color, but might work for more than one color.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Working...
                      X