Operating system ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operating system ?

I am getting ready to buy a used 04 big red and it is not coming with any software. The fella I'm buying it from has 3 and is keeping the software. I have a question and would appreciate any help.

Should I purchase just the operating system and how much should I expect that to cost?

If I purchase the pro digitizing software does it come with an operating system as well?

Where should I get the software from?

Thanks for any help
    Clint
    Are you for Scuba?

Of course you can purchase through Melco but check out www.equip-used.com. They have 3 copies of the OS right now. Compare prices to Melco.
    I just purchased a machine from them and found them very helpful.

No, Design Shop does not include the OS for the machines.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
    Bee Embroidered
    www.BeeEmbroidered.com
    (916) 635-7467
    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Oh....and make sure any copy of the OS includes a dongle! The software will be useless without one. There are different levels of dongles but all will allow one machine!

Dorothy
      Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Keep in mind...if you do NOT buy the program from Melco, you may end up HAVING to buy a brand new program from them if you want upgrades or tech service! Without having a 'registered' program from Melco, they are not obligated to give you any help by phone or anything-and at times-that is well worth the money!
        In addition-are you able to buy a WARRANTY with this used machine? At $300-$500 PER VISIT from a service tech-repairs can easily escalate into thousands of dollars for broken parts.
        If he has kept it under warranty, that should be transferable FOR A FEE through Melco, and then (our warranty) costs $100 per month.
        We wouldn't live without it! What you might want to do is find someone in Amaya land here that is going from a single machine to multi machines-they may have to buy the multi head version of the program, which means a new dongle...and may have their single head program/dongle available. Perhaps something can be worked out that way, and Melco would 'sell' you service help for a fee. Without any warranty on the machine or tech help for program-you could be knee deep up the creek if you know what I mean!
        Roland

Comment

Thank you very much dorothy.
          Are you for Scuba?

Comment

If you already have OS Flex or Flex+ then you are fine. If not, you got problems. I was in this exact same boat a few months ago. Had a great price on a machine w/o software, but the cost of software upgrades was prohibitive.

I ended up buying used machines from MELCO and negotiated a software upgrade at the same time. Actually spent less with MELCO than I would have buying the machines from private individuals.

My advice is don't commit to anything until you KNOW what you will need to buy for operating software.

Once you upgrade to FLEX or FLEX+, buy used machines to your heart's content. No further upgrades are necessary.

Hate to see you go through what I almost went through. The deal on that AMAYA can't be good enough without the software.

Buying OS outside of Melco will also include a fee for license registration and dongles. Could be $600 or more for that.

Good luck. Don't buy uniformed!

Comment

Working...
            X