Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Printer help needed

Hello all,

I know that there are a few members out there that also screen print.
    I have a photo that I need to order transfers of, but I have no idea how it will look as a transfer.
    Can I send it to someone and have you show what this will look like as a screenprinted image?

Thanks...
    LuAnn
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

transfers and screenprinted are two totally different processes and the end result is waaay. different....
    Nowadays transfers are done with a digital printer, direct to the transfer paper, OR now digital printed direct to the teeshirt! But that's very expensive. Screenprinting the same image takes 4 or more screens, setup charge for each one, and then spot color screens if needed-so your setup can run $100 to $300 or so.
    And the image will have a 'grainy' look to it since screenprinting is forcing ink through a mesh screen-at the best 65-80 dpi (dots per inch) resolution. But a TRANSFER off a digital print can be 300-1200 dpi (dots per inch) and you can get a near 'kodak' reproduction. Seeing it for screenprinting is not going to be as good as seeing it as a transfer.
    And no, I can't show you how it would look...without scanning it in, setting it up, burning screens, and actually running off some samples!
    I don't do transfers (sublimation printing) here but I can do 'digital printing' on adhesive vinyl or iron on vinyl for fabric-but that's another story.

Comment

Hi LuAnn

We do embroidery, screenprinting, Pad Printing, sublimination and transfers. You could send it to me and I could take look at it. As to screen printing the set up would not be worth the set up charge to get a sample. If you are needing a sublimination or transfer, we could possibly get you a sample. How many transfers are you looking at?

Stacy
      Mother Lode Custom Embroidery
      515 Main Street
      Salmon, Idaho 83467
      [email protected]

Comment

I have a photo from a brochure that the customer wants screenprinted on tees. (100)
        I just have a hard time envisioning a screenprinted version of the photo. Does that make sense?
        I could TJET them, but it takes alot longer to TJET 100 shirts than it does to apply transfers with my heat press.
        I'll send the photo over to you. Let me know what you suggest.
        Thank you in advance for your time,
        LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Comment

Working...
        X