Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista

Has anyone tried to install Design Shop Pro + (2005) on Windows Vista? It won't recognize the dongle and therefore will only install the demo version.

Any suggestions?

Patti
    Creative Custom Embroidery

As far as I know - vista is not supported by melco at this point...
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

There are a lot of software companys scrambling right now to get Vista certified. Vista OS has a lot of new security features and it handles software very different from before. What suprises me is that software companys were not ready for Vista deployment. Its not like it was a suprise. Its been in dev for years and was even delayed several times. Eventually, they will all catchup.

As for Designshop and the Amaya OS, I have not read any updates that advised they were Vista ready. To get a definitive answer though, a call to tech support might be in order. If you do, can you post back to this thread what they tell you? I would be most interested....
      Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Melco service says that Design Shop is not currently compatible with Windows Vista. Design Shop 2007 will be compatible, however, with a projected release in June or July.

I guess that will be as good a reason to upgrade as any!

Many thanks for the responses. This is an incredibly valuable resource, even though I rarely post.

Patti
        Creative Custom Embroidery

Comment

I am a Microsoft Beta tester (One of the advantages of working in IT full time. The disadvantage is beating your head against the wall trying to figure out why something is broke.) I have had Vista for about a year now and have attempted to install DesignShop several times on my spare computer at home, it has never installed successfully. Microsoft was in a hurry to deploy it before the holidays last year that many companies didn't have the chance to create patches or software to work with Vista. As usuall, when people rush, things don't turn out right...same happened with Microsoft. Already there have been a handful of Microsoft updates in what they think is a secure system. They said the same about XP when it was released and I swear I have a gig of updates for a 400mb operating system.
          The bottom line is Melco needs to come out with a patch to make it work with Vista. Don't go rushing out buying any operating system the first 6 months it is out.
          I wish DesignShop worked with Linux or MAC.

Comment

We have Design Shop Pro+ v7 installed on Vista and it works fine. Vista will not run the Amaya software though.

Comment

Hi All,

Are any of you interested in testing the Melco Software in Microsoft Vista? Melco is currently looking for a few people interested in Beta testing the Amaya OS and Design Shop software in Microsoft Vista.

This requires a basic knowledge of computers and the willingness to report and work with myself and Melco to insure the software works as it should in Windows Vista. Of course it also requires that you have a computer with Vista on it and is is currently running correctly.

If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected] or [email protected] .

Sincerely,

Jeff Banks
              Engineering
              Test Lab Technician
              Melco
              1575 W. 124th Ave.
              Denver, CO 80234
              United States
              T +1 303.457.1234 Ext. 1077
              [email protected]
              www.melco.com
              www.oerlikon.com

Comment

Any news on when a new Design shop pro and OS will be out? A major release?

thanks,
                Steve
                Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Comment

Working...
                X