Color change not sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color change not sticking

I am doing a bunch of t's with one design, but change the color of the text. When I make the change in needle assignments, it does not stick. It goes back to my old color.

And the screen flashes with the notice that it is loading the two files that it loades on startup.

And sometimes I get an error message that the color doesn't match something-or-another. But when I get that message, the correct needles engage so there is no problem.

And when I try to change that last color, I can't get the design to run. It beeps at me like I have a screen open, but I don't.

I finally reset the design and then tried to reload it. The message I got was that the design didn't get saved. I am trying to load the dst file, not the ofm file.

In desperation, I finally X'd out of OS and started over. I could then load the design and the new needle assignment did stick.

But something is not right here. Any ideas about what is going on?

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Juli,
    Is "Force download" checked? Loodk in "Tools", "Options", "Ethernet" and if the "Force download" box is not checked, then check it and reboot OS. It sounds like files are being corrupted---these files may need to be deleted out of the system also...
    Rod Springer
    Melco Amaya tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Yes, I have "forced download" already checked. I didn't reboot my computer, but after I closed the OS and started up again it behaved itself. So, I guess that was it. In future I'll not wait so long to close it down. I just kept on thinking it'll straighten itself out.

And BTW, I just did 17 tshirts with an 11,000 stitch design - every one of them perfect. I have been having trouble using the correct settings for the different kind of things I do. For the Ts I set the presser foot to the lowest setting, the actifeed on auto, only God know what needles I have in there at this point, and used a polymesh and a tear-away wash- away on the back and used the 180mm hoop. It ran at 1200 st/min even though I set one of the needles to run at 800 st/min. That was a varigated thread and it is where I have most of the thread breaks. I set it, but that didn't stick either1 So I just ran it at 1200 and didn't bother to try to reset it. It was all right, but probably would have been better at the lower speed.

I need to find out how to use the design analyzer because even I could see that there were two places that kept having thread breaks. But that is a question for another day.

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
      X