Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network card issues

Hi All!
    I am having a really strange issue and I thought perhaps someone here might have an idea or two as to what I could try.
    I recently got a brand new laptop and have loaded Amaya OS and Design Shop (and nothing else) to it. It has 2 GB of Ram and an Intel duo core processor. When I start Amaya OS and turn on my XT it gets to the point where the XT and OS should be communicating and for no apparent reason the laptop blue screens with a STOP error message. The error refers to a driver conflict with the Intel network drivers(ele5132.sys)--so, apparently Amaya OS and the Intel network card aren't playing nice together. The card works fine on it's own and Amaya OS works fine on it's own---they just don't work together. I called Melco tech support and they said it's not their software since it works fine when not connected to the network card and I called the computer tech support and they say it's not the network card since it works fine when not connected to Amaya OS. *sigh* Has anyone ever had anything similar happen? Or, does anyone have any ideas?
    As a last ditch effort---what types of Network cards/laptop computers do people here have that DO work with Amaya OS? If I can't fix this issue I am left with an expensive brand new laptop doorstoop.
    Any help or ideas appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Di

Dear Di,
    Do you turn on the laptop and then wait before turning on the machine. Then turn on the OS and DSS? If I don't wait long enough we have an error message and have to start all over. Good luck. Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Working...
    X