Your Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Registry

There has been some discussion about the Registry and the pro's and con's of delving into it at whatever level you are comfortable with. Let me state first that I am not an expert in this area. I have two computers at this time. One NOT on the internet that runs DS/OS as well as Corel 9 & Adobe Illustrator. That is all this machine does. There is no bundled software on it. It came as an operating system and then I put the programs on it. The other machine is one of those that you buy in the box. Came with bundled software, ready for the web, plug and play (P&P). NOTICE HERE- Virus/AntiSpy/Adware protection from the moment it was plugged in. This machine began to have glitches within weeks. Wife playing POGO, downloading songs, recipes, surfing the web, the general things one does. The other machine took longer to develop issues. After some research I discovered a progam called Registry Mechanic. Ran the version on their website and found 600+ issues in the P&P registry. Purchased a full version and ran it, end result---P&P ran like it was new. I run this on both computers now and with positive results.
    Some folks have been commenting on DS crashing and the first thought is, Oh my a bug in the program. I have not had a version of DS crash since 5.07.018 and I have been through several since then. This corresponds with the time I began using a registry repair program.
    What this boils down to (IMHO) is we ask our computers to do so much and I for one do not have the time/energy/knowledge to edit my registry to make the dang thing work like it is supposed to.
    DISCLOSURE-I
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Hi Herb,

Who makes this program? What is their website?

Thank you
    Russell Silva<br />R. S. Embroidery<br />Certified Amaya Technician & Trainer<br />Attleboro, Ma<br />508-222-4433

Comment

Thanks for the info Herb! I have noticed that product somewhere, but can't remember where. Could you tell us who you got it from? Thanks, Debbie
      Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

You can find it here www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic
        Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

There is some free-ware out there such as Spybot and Microsofts own Defender software. A couple other things to do is make sure your anti-virus is up to date and it scans your computer on a regular basis. Also make sure you have a firewall, if you have DSL or cable, don't use software firewalls, they are worthless. Go with a DLINK, Netgear or Linksys router/firewall, this will help keep the hackers out. Also, if your computer requires a password, don't use one that are easy to guess and is not in a dictionary. Make sure you use caps, lower case and numbers. Something like F0rd-C@r$ (Ford-Cars)

And don't download anything unless you know who it is from. Just because someone has a cool screen saver that you like, doesn't mean it is safe for your computer.

Comment

Working...
          X