DesignShop shutdown problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesignShop shutdown problem

I'm having a lot of Design Shop shutdowns! The window shows up that says "Design Shop has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience"! Not half as sorry as I am. I have some graphic files that I have traced in DS Pro + and they are fine. Then I start to make adjustments, move nodes (design points) around to refine the design. It has reached the point that I cannot a even a minor change without it shutting down. I also get failure to save, during the autosave. The error window shows up if I try to save, saveas, or load to OS. Can anyone help, please?

Rod and I just finished 2 weeks in Denver taking tech training on the EMT machines. While there, I asked the question whether or not we should have any other software loaded on our computer/s that we run our AOS and/or Design Shop. The answer was that it is best to have a dedicated computer for both but realistically, that isn't happening. If you load some software after you have installed Design Shop or AOS, you don't know what files are being "changed" and Melco certainly cannot keep up with every software out there and how it will interact with their programs. As one precaution, if you are loading other software, always load Design Shop and AOS LAST. That might save a bit of frustration with little "glitches" that happen now and then.
    Sharon Springer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks for the response but the only software I'm running when this happens is Design Shop and/or OS. It jsut doesn't seem to want to allow me to make changes/move nodes.

Sue Schroeder

Comment

When I have this problem, it's generally because I've overloaded the memory, and/or the graphic is too big. You can try re-starting your computer, then saving every time you make a change. OR, you can try changing your graphic to a .jpg. The second one works for me everytime.

Comment

I used to have the same problem on my old computer all the time which had 256mb of memory. Once I got a new computer with 1gb of memory, I haven't had that problem yet.

Comment

Thanks to those of you who responded I have 1GB of RAM and the graphic was a jpeg, plus the design is small, only around 8,000 stitches. I even tried to pull up older files and it seems to be happening on any design, regardless of how small, even on a 3 letter name only .50 size. Has anyone ever had a dongle go bad on them?
            Sue Schroeder

Comment

Working...
            X