Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using two instances of Amaya OS in a LAN environment

Hello,

We have 6 Amaya machines, 3 networked through a hub to PC-A, 3 networked through a hub to PC-B. Each PC runs Amaya OS. Each PC is also networked to our company server, in order to get files from a server folder.

Problem: PC-A can run Amaya OS for all 6 machines, and PC-B can run Amaya OS for all six machines BUT PC-A cannot run Amaya OS for 1-3 only, while PC-B runs Amaya OS for 4-6 only.

Does anyone have any thoughts or work-arounds?

We are considering loading all design files to an ftp site, and connecting each PC through a different ISP - essentially de-networking the two PC's from one another - and downloading files from the internet rather than our LAN server. But, I would rather not do this. I would like to keep our network set up the way it is.

Many thanks,

Cathy.

Cathy,

Why are you running 2 seperate PC's? If you run Flex+ software on 1 PC you can run all 6 AMAYA's from the 1 computer and you can run them in any configuration you would like. 1-3 together and 4-6 together, 1-2 together and 3 by itself and 4-6 together, whatever you want.

By having 2 PC's you can only run the AMAYA's that are networked into that particular PC. So PC-A having 1-3 hooked to the hub but not 4-6 hooked into PC-A would not allow PC-A to control 4-6.

Hope this makes sense.
    Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Hey,

We are running 2 PC's in order to have our production staff not running into one another as they download designs to run on each cluster. We found that our production folks were literally stepping on eachother's toes as they tried to use 4 machines, and anticipated the problem only getting worse with 6.

The way we are networked, we can actually run all six from one machine, that is not a problem(the hubs that network the AMAYAS to the PC's are in turn connected to our LAN - so the two PC's are basically networked to one another, as well as to our main server). The problem is the LAN network. We can't connect to our main server (where all of our design files are stored) UNLESS the PC's are connected through the LAN. And,as long as the PC's are connected through the LAN, each PC sees all 6 machines, and can use all six machines at different times. BUT, PC-A can't use the amaya OS downloaded on its hard drive to run only 1-3 while PC-B uses amaya OS downloaded on it's hard drive to run only 4-6 at the same time. Each instace of AMAYA OS sees 6 machines and wants to configure all 6. We want OS on PC-A to only configure for 1-3, while OS on PC-B configures for 4-6 only.

I hope I explained my problem a little better that time!

thanks!

Cathy.

We need our two production team members to work at independant PC's connected to 3 AMAYAS, AND be able to download from the same Network server.

Maybe that explains it better.

thanks!

Comment

What we did, and I think I read on this list before, is to add a second Network card in each OS machine.
        You can pick them up at Walmart for under $20 so it isn't too expensive.

Run your original cards and stay on the master network so you can interchange files.
        Set up, each additional card and run each to a hub that has 3 machines attached to it.
        then you can only run 3 machines but to utilize a 6 just run the same design on both systems.
        They won't be synced together but it shouldn't matter that much.

Anyway they work fine that way because the networks won't communicate to each other but once
        you have the info on the computer it can be handed off to the next network and utilized on
        the machines.

This should work.

And for once, not be too expensive.

Good Luck.

Ron Vinyard
        Body Cover / Magic Stitches

1-888-435-0176
        541-471-1504 Fax 541-471-0427

420 SW H Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526-2532

[email protected]
        www.bodycoverdesign.com
        Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

fantastic! thanks! can't believe i didn't think of that before.

love the avatar, by the way.

Comment

Unknowingly, that is what I have done, so I can support that configuration. My Dell has a wired LAN connection on the motherboard that goes to the AMAYAs (2) adjacent to them, and I added a wireless card to connect to the office LAN, since I am just far enough away and not enough connections on the wired net. I wirelessly access the design files, and save them to my AMAYA OS cpu, and run them on the flex+ configuration. It is not hard to configure the two LANs either.

Dave
            Integrity Embroidery
            San Antonio, TX
            David Kohler<br />Integrity Embroidery<br />7942 Mainland Drive, Ste 101<br />San Antonio, TX 78250<br />210-232-2351 cell

Comment

Working...
            X