Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya doesn't see Ethernet Card on Win 7 x64

*hi guys

I have a big problem with my new HP dc 8100 Elite with Windows 7 Pro x64.

Amaya doesn't see my Gigabit Ethernet Card, and I tried also to install an old one, 10/100 but the same problem appear.
    In Amaya -> setting -> ethernet no ethernet card ..

why ?

somebodies could help me ?

thx

I had a problem with version 7, and maybe prior as well. I had two network boards in the computer that ran the Amayas, one for the Router for the Amayas and the other for the shop network and internet. I struggle for a long time trying to get everything to work including working with some heavy duty techies. Eventually we just switched cables (and reconfigured the boards) so that the board we were trying to get to work with the Amayas now went to to the shop LAN and vice versa. That worked for me!

David Sklar
    Ballyhoo!
    Arlington, VA
    David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

What version of the software? My guess is that you will need to upgrade as version 7 AOS didn't play well with Windows 7 x64 and the ethernet stack.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Just as an FYI, we are running into the same problem. Just built 2 win 7 machines and can't get Design shop vers. 7 to work right, and the answer?
        Yep, upgrade! and the price I was quoted a week ago was, "We could knock off a couple hundred off of the $900+ list price..." which means for standard design shop, not "pro", and it comes with the amaya OS is going to run between $700 and $800.
        I just can't justify it since I built the computer for $300 it's easier to add in the old one back into the network and run DS on the old XP system.
        and spend my effort with getting Win 7 and XP to play nice together. I guess the price seems inline with software that cost $2000 to $5000 initially
        but almost a grand for an upgrade, seems steep.
        I am used to $150 upgrades... but I guess if they had a few hundred thousand users, the prices may come down. My bad for being in a specialty software market! [img]smile.gif[/img] Ron
        Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

You can buy copies of XP for $50-80 on the internet/ebay if you need to - and just do a clean install or dual boot if you want. There are solutions if upgrading and spending more money is not an option - but you have to get new hardware.
          John Yaglenski
          Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

hi levelbest,

I installed Amaya 9, che last version in the
            italian reseller server.

but the problem still that the software doesn't see
            my networks cards, I tried with 4 10/100 cards.

best regards

Comment

Have you contacted Melco? Can't remember which rev added 64 bit support.
              John Yaglenski
              Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

Sorry to respond late but MAYBE I can help you. I hd a problem setting up my HP with the newest software. I was told (and it worked for me) that the HP "turns off" the eternet card when the item on the other end isn't on--and we know that's the wrong order for the Amaya. I bought an ethernet hub which is always "on" into which I plugged the machine and the computer and everything works great. You don't need a cross-over cable for this application, however.

Comment

Working...
                X