Amaya XT sleep mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya XT sleep mode

I have had my machine for about 3 years and it has never gone into sleep mode. Is it supposed to go into sleep mode on its own after a certain period of time or am I supposed to put it into that mode myself?

You must put your machine into the sleep mode. You do this by holding in the red button (smaller red button) for 5 seconds and it will go to sleep. To wake it up, you press the green button for approx. 5 seconds and it will turn back on. However, if you press the red button and let go before you get it to go to sleep, you must press the green button and then go back to the red button again to get it to go to sleep.
    Sharon (and Rod) Springer
    Techs and Trainers
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Very cool...Didn't know it would do that! THANKS!!
      Chris & Cindy

Comment

What is are advantages or disadvantages of the sleep mode? What situations would I use the sleep mode?

Comment

The advantages are...maybe you are doing a run of garments and need to stop and go get lunch or pick up one of the kids. You don't want to leave your machine on...perhaps little hands are around or you want to conserve energy but don't want to turn the machine off and then back on when you return. Just put it to sleep for the little while! I don't know of any disadvantages.
          Sharon
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

We tried the sleep mode and sometimes it wouldn't wake up no matter how long we held the green button in. Sometimes it wouldn't start sewing with out reseting the design. Sometimes it wouldn't go into sleep mode even if you held the red button in for 20 sec. Quit trting to use it. Using 7 Bill @ Fineline

Comment

I've had same problem (ver 7) with the machine not wanting to wake up.

However somewhere along the way, I figured out that I can wake it up without resetting the design by asking it to do a trim from the OS menu: Commands, Trim immediately (something like that).

So, far it wakes up and I can continue sewing out the design. Hope this helps someone.

Loyda
              Loyda Olson<br /><a href=\"http://www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com</a>

Comment

Working...
              X