z axis timed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z axis timed out

I am getting a z axis timed out error, and the needle bar is staying in the down position. When I try to put it at head up, it clunks any ideas what's going on. Any other time that this has happened , I hit the head up and it fixes it.

Several things could cause this but you need to see if you can turn over the Z axis shaft by hand. If you can take out the needle....it could be bottoming out on the rotary hook, the knife, the cutter or possibly the needlebar or rotary hook are frozen from lint in the guide track or bushing or lack of lubrication, a broken connecting rod can also be the culprit.

Push in the E Stop before you try to turn the Z axis shaft manually...

Rod Springer
    Amaya ech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

IN.....VT,

What did you find? Could you turn the Z axis shaft by hand?

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

My machine gives me the same messAge sometimes when I first turn it on. I hit the e stop & turn it back on, I get the same message & I repeat the process again. The third time, it goes on correctly.
        Becky C.

Comment

Can someone give me an idea what might be causing the same error message on my Amaya (red)? When I was using the old version 6 OS software, I didn't have any problems. A few months ago my dongles were stolen and insurance replaced them and the software to version 9. Now when I turn the machine on and hit the start button, I get the x-axis error message before it even takes the first stitch. It tells me that the machine is not at head up. So I have to fix that, reset the design and center the hoop again. Am I missing something? Or is there some setting I have to fix? Thanks! Edna
          Etched In Thread
          Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Comment

Edna,
            There are many changes in the V9 software compared to the version 6 that you had before. Some of these changes are obvious on the screen and others are hidden in the background. And still there are changes that will affect the way your machine responds.

If you don't have time to learn all the new changes and/or have a tech tune your machine to run with the new software (if necessary), then simply install Version 7 or prior and your machine should run as you knew it to, like before.

Good Luck,
            Ed
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
            X