Praising the XT (Again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praising the XT (Again)

This XT just continues to amaze me...after 4 years of hell with Big Red and problems, we've now had the XT for a year. Yesterday client called to ask about picking up her 40 shirt order. What order? She never confirmed the design and we were on vacation for 2 weeks! So with DS 9, I had her simple logo done in 20 minutes, started sewing about 9:30 am, and by 1 pm had her 40 polos all done and NOT ONE BROKEN STITCH! Had a bobbin run out, that's it! Design was 2,000 stitches, I was hooping with 2 pieces of 1.5 tearaway on the 4.5" hoops with my Tex Inc. All-In-One-Hooper almost as fast as the machine was sewing. No puckering, no problems (fortunately we DID have her shirts on hand) and that was the easiest $517 order in 4 hours I"ve ever made! Now I'm going to take her design and shrink it down and do a couple hats to show her.
    Made her day-she had a 4 pm meeting to present the shirts she had forgotten all about!
    SO for newbies and those thinking about the XT, YES it can work for you. I'm the worst complainer, had zero, absolute zero experience with embroidery when we started-even wanted to ship back our original Big Red. But this XT is sooooo nice.

Glad you are having a great experience big guy - but you couldn't pry my 3 big reds from my cold dead hands

You must have really had a lemon!
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

John,

Are you a member of the NRA or a Charlton Heston fan?

Hugo
      Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Always loved that quote.
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
        Hilton Head Island, SC
        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Lemon is putting it mildly-except for finding Dick Beauregard after a year, we never saw or knew there was a service tech until AFTER our warranty expired! Melco was ZERO help in this-not once did they ever put us in touch with a tech.
          The great and mighty Brian came up within 2 weeks of us getting the 'extended' warranty and found enough problems to keep him busy for a day-and all of them were out of whack from the factory. It ran great after that but we were already so soured on the company we canceled our order for 2 more. Traded up to the XT with the trade-in program because it was the same cost as a couple more years of warranty on a big red...and what a difference. Now if we only had the business to run it more than a couple days a month! Glad we have the screenprinting, digital printing, and trophy shop and ad specialties to keep business going!

Comment

I have had three big reds for about five years. No significant problems. I think that I really lucked out in that I have a great sales person in Gerald Rudisuhli and a super tech in Hugo Torbidoni who is always looking for more accounts in the mid-Atlantic [Unsolicited plug!... I need to keep Hugo working so that he can keep my Amayas working!].

David Sklar
            Ballyhoo!
            Arllington, VA
            David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

I have to agree...Gerald is great...he was my saleman in 2006 and was so helpful and nice and still if I call him today or e-mail him he remembers me...Hello Gerald if you are reading these posts...until next time...

Jenny
              Westbrook Wonders
              Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X