slim line or TCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slim line or TCS

Which is better the Slim line clamping system or the TCS clamping system?

Going to buy one or the other this week.
    Thank you for your thoughts!

Don't want to lead you anywhere- don't know about these. So far I have only used Melco parts on my Amayas, but there seems to be much ado about the "super-magnetic hoops" (sorry-can't remember the name) lately.
    Gregory

Comment

I have a Slim Line system and I only use once in a while. While you can hoop on the machine to save time and effort I find that I get a lot of "flagging" because you can't get the material tight enough. You also have to make 100% sure that you keep the frame clamped all the time because with the arm up it poses a danger of catching the wiper bar and causing you to have a needle drop. This happened to me once and I've not used it much since. My opinion is the Slim Line isn't worth the cost. But that's just me.
      Chris & Cindy

Comment

The clamping systems like the Slim line are great timesavers, but we also use "extra" clamps around the edge of the frame to keep the material from slipping. As long as we use these clips/clamps, then we have no problems at all with flagging.

You are also right...the toggle arm can present a problem if not kept in the down position as the warning on the screen when using this system implies.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Ditto...we use the same clips on our slim line as we do on our fast frames...we found out that the clips help hold the material on the slim line also...we just hardly ever use the slim line because of the same problem...one mistake and boy was it a pain...bent the heck out of the bar and also bent the slim line frame...until next time...

Jenny
          Westbrook Wonders
          Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

The ICTCS and the Slim Line hooping system are made by the same company. First there was the ICTCS (Inter Changeable Tubular Clamping System) and then due to complaints about how bulky it was, they released a second version called the Slim Line.

They both do the same thing as far as holding the garment however the ICTCS is mounted onto the machine using the hoop arms and the Slim Line is mounted onto the machine using a dedicated bracket that attaches to the X carriage.

They both hoop the same, they both are heavier than traditional hoops, and they both cost about the same. Also, they both need to be adjusted to YOUR machine, and can cause serious damage to the machine if you are not careful when using them.

I hope this clears things up somewhat.

Ed
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
            X