Repeating colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeating colors

I have a design that has 8 sets of 2 color changes (16 color changes of just 2 colors). On an XT V9 OS, if I set the first 2 colors, Gray, Blue, will it cycle as many color changes as necessary to get the job finished?

Juli
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

In a word

YES!!

it is rare that an answer is this simple!!
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Yeah, well I wish the job ran as smoothly! There were 10 letters of 2 colors ea. I finally just put in 4,1,4,1 etc to make a total of 20. BUT the last two letters had the opposite colors which I didn't notice until it was half way through the last color. So, I "moved" to color 18 and that was supposed to be needle 1, but started sewing with needle 4. I changed it manually and did that letter. Then - I don't know what I did - can't seem to hold a thought too long. Anyway I finished it. Had to use a colored pen to color some edges that were peeking out, but only I would know that. Looked good. What a relief! It was the customers material.

This was manually digitized Goudy Stout letters that I then used the Shadow tool on. I think it has to do with that. Something screwed up. And at first it was giving me 30 colors before I did a lot of fooling around with it. If it was just my material that I could replace, I would have just gone ahead and tried it with 30 color changes. Never could figure out what it thought it was doing. But I am pretty sure it has to do with the Shadow tool.

Juli

Comment

Juli,
        Times like this, you should definitely sew out this design once on scrap material to make sure you have all your color changes set correctly.

Ed
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Sorry, I am NOT going to sew out a 30 thou stitch design with only two colors, but 20 color changes just to see if the color changes are working. I can count - 1,2,1,2,1,2 etc. What happen, I think, is that it did not do color change #17, That would make it sewing out the wrong color and all colors after that are wrong also. I did have the correct number of color changes- right there in black and white the changes listed as 1 thru 20 with needles only 1 and 2 alternating. No mistakes.

The reason that I think that it has something to do with the Shadow function is that the Blend function also has troubles. If I want the colors to to out correctly with a blend, as in a sky bleeding from orange to blue, I have to do it as 2 separate objects and not use the automatic blend function. So, if Melco did get that right, it is not a big stretch to think that the Shadow function also has similar troubles - especially since it did have trouble.

In writing this down and thinking about it and how I CAN check it without actually sewing it - which I won't ever do - I can Move to the next color and see if it changes correctly.

I just did check and everything seems OK. So I don't know what happened. But I am getting these jobs frequently enough to want to avoid the problem. I don't like going back and fixing things like that.

Juli

Comment

Working...
          X