Looping around needle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping around needle?

It is me again! We are still have trouble. Now, when we slow the machine completely down you can see that the thread is looping around the needle and causing the thread to break. And when you pull the hoop off and look at the back, it is three times the width of the embroidery on the back than what is on top. We are trying to do a t shirt, we have a cutaway on the botton sprayed to stick to the shirt and a washaway on top. We have played with the Acti feed. I did not pay all this money not to be able to stitch on a t shirt! HELP
    Shell<br /><a href=\"http://www.sparklesbyshell.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.sparklesbyshell.com</a><br />Let me make you SPARKLE!

Can I ask what might be a dumb question - have you attended training on the machine? Just wondering as it seems like you are having the same type of issues I had before I went to training.

1) Check your bobbin tension. We run it a little tigher than the recommended "spider walk". While you are at it, make sure the bobbin and the needle aren't in backwards. The bobbin thread should feed like a number 9.

2) Check your presser foot height. Make sure it's sitting on the fabric.

3) What setting do you have actifeed on? Auto? Tshirts on non auto will probably run at about 2-3 setting

4) backing... what are you using? We use 2 pieces of 1.5 oz. cutaway.

5) Using spray stick is a waste of time on t-shirts and will only gum the needle up.

6) Unless the shirt has fine stitching, you probably don't need the solvy on top.

Lastly - have you owned a commercial machine before now? We went from a home embroidery machine by Brother to the Amaya and there was a bit of a learning curve in getting transitioned to the differences between the two.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
    X