Hook timing to stay at set number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook timing to stay at set number

My wife's machine's hook timing is to be set at 199.9 on needle 14.
    I have followed the detailed instructions under maint. head timing. I can forward in tenths of degrees from 198.0 to 199.9, tighten everything up with tolerances correct, but it changes to a lower number such as 199.2 after cycling a few revolutions. I think I am close to getting it right but missing something. Help?

Thanks
    Red

Hey Red. Check to make sure there aren't any "dimples" on the shaft from over tightening the hook set screws. If there r then what is happening is the set screws are slipping back into the dimples and throwing the timing off.

TJ
    Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

Red,
      You might get some degree of variance due to belt tension and or motor play. However, when it comes to tolerance, you will have a half a degree on either side of your hook timing position which should be adequate.

If you find that you consistantly get 199.2, overshoot it next time and see if it settles back to a number closer to your 199.9 number.

Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
      X