Bobbin cut too short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbin cut too short

So I have 2 Big Reds and 2 XTs. One one of the XTs, everytime there is a thread change or trim, it also trims the bobbin too short, so when it goes to sew again, it cant pick up the bobbin and all heck breaks loose? Is there a setting for this, or has anyone had this happen before?

Never mind. I spoke with the "Magnificent" Brian Kirk from StringNet, my local service tech and he guessed right. Works perfectly.

Comment

Okay, so don't leave us in the dark...what did the Magnificent Brian have to say?
      And he has a sweet tooth for fresh pastries...LOL...feed him well. I'd recommend Congdon's from up there in Well's Maine...
      keep him happy and your Amaya will approve!

Roland

Comment

I have the same problem with my XT....what did he recommend?????
        Richard<br />Creative Embroidery LLC<br />Clackamas, Oregon

Comment

Short bobbin cuts....sometimes it is as simple as going into Maintenance, Steppers and clicking on "Detect trimmer".

It may be a lubrication problem. There may be a build up of lint,dust,thread, etc in the cutter/selector area causing friction/drag that may not be allowing the selector to travel it's full stroke.

Other times it may be dust or debris on or in the optical sensors that control the home positions of the selector and cutter.

Other times it may be much more serious. The cable/pushrod may be broken/bent or out of adjustment....

Just a few of the things to consider.........

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
          X