thread breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread breaks

I am having constant thread breaks on every needle with any design,any fabric. I have oiled everything. the break comes shortly after the machine starts speeding up. I have even sprayed with static guard. Help.

This has something to do with the Actifeed. Try changing it. Use Standard. Maybe it is, hopefully, just a temporary glitch. Try rebooting the software and the XT. Sometimes a reboot will fix things. Perhaps it is the red or yellow rollers. Or there is a lot of dust on something critical. The bottom line seems to be that there is not enough thread being let out. How long since you have greased everything? I hate problems like this.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I tried using standard 12 and upped it till I got loops. Then I lowered it to 8 (sweatshirt)and still got loops and it still broke. I also oiled everything. I hate it too. - mary

Comment

Timing?
        Gregory

Comment

Make sure you don't have a bur in the needle hole on the needle plate. You may need to replace it if so.
          Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Mary,
            A thread feed setting of 12 is rather high unless you are sewing on something thick.
            Why aren't you using the "auto" mode??? This takes all the guess work out of what number to use. Remember that too low of a thread feed number will cause the thread to break but so will a number that's too high. If the machine spits out more thread than the fabric can handle, that extra thread will cause troubles in how the loop of thread is formed behind the needle and can also get caught up in the rotary hook's path which can cut the thread.
            Point being, make sure your bobbin case is clean and it's tension is right, then set Acti-feed to Auto and sew a known good test design on two or three layers of cut-a-way backing. See what you get.

When all else fails, go back to what you know works and then one by one, change the factors back to where you had experienced problems.

(Also, we need to know what machine you have: Amaya, Amaya XT and also what version of AOS software you are using to offer customized suggestions.)

Ed Orantes
            Melco Tech & Trainer
            504-258-6260
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Try using auto acti-feed & set the auto-feed lower limit to around 3... see if this helps.
              Gregory

Comment

Working...
              X