Thumb Screws on cantilever bar for WACF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumb Screws on cantilever bar for WACF

Has anyone else had problem with stripping the threads on the thumb screws that hold the cantilever onto the machine so that the WACF will work correctly? The first of mine messed up about a month ago--I am sure I was over tightening it. However, while in the midst of a big run of visors today, the second screw malfunctioned. HELP! My tech said there should be extra screws, but I do not find them in anything we got with the machine. Is there another way to deal with this?
    Bill

We had something simular happen to my Amaya where the coil came out. If your screw is stripped it may be because of the coil being messed up. You need to pull the coil out with a pair of needle nose pliers. And buy the perma-coil kit also called Thread Repair kit. part number is 1221-304 size M4x0.7 Metric
    Kathy Shaw

Comment

I had a screw break off as I was putting my hat frame on... didn't even use the turn key, jsut my hand... crazy! Took the frame off, plenty of screw sticking up to take out, and am now using one of my extra screws... My co worker told me to take it easy on teh poor machine! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Laurie

Comment

I leave that part of the hat frame on all the time and have never taken it off, thus avoiding troubles with the screw. You can always just go to Home Depot or Lowes or Ace and get another screw. Just be sure to bring the old one to match it to. I changed out the screws on my Happy because I just couldn't stand on my head to get the darn thing in. Got a screw that a hex tool fits into so that I could actually get the thing in without it falling off the tool. Hard to explain, but believe me, I was having a terrible time getting that screw in there. And, while I was at it, I also got lock washers. And that saved a lot of grief.
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I assume you folks are talkong about the 2 thumbscrews that hold the "bars" for the WACF. Yes- these are absolute ****! Melco knows, but all I ever get is a promise of a callback- still waiting. At least they're cheap= I ordered a dozen just to be done with the issue till Melco decides to fix this dilemmma. I've stripped seven (me & the Amayas) in the past year- it's as if they are made of lead- the metal is too soft.
          Gregory

Comment

I do leave the hatframe part on, I am talking about where you screw in the arms, for either the actual FULL hatframe or the arms for flats.

Laurie

Comment

In training I was told to told to tighten those screws "girl tight" not guy tight. That is just right. And I have also had one screw break off. And, fortunately, the post was sticking out far enough for me to grab it with a pliers and get it out. So, tight enough to not be able to get it out with your fingers, but not too tight.
              Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I don't think I do them too tight, it was jsut odd when I was turning it and it broke off in my hand! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Laurie

Comment

Yup folks- the idea of "The Amaya" is great, and the fact that it was (is being) produced is great. But, in general, most companies fail in the execution of the production of the final product by cutting corners, costs, quality of materials/craftsmanship, and on & on. My point? Melco has created a totally different type of system, with the help/cooperation of Saurer, and I dig the approach, but I wish (wish...) Melco could be more like the Swiss (Saurer)- NEVER sacrifice quality in a machine that can potentially make you hundreds of thousands, if not millions.
                  Gregory

Comment

In todays world IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY.
                    Everyone (almost) makes cuts to fatten their bank account.
                    It's a shame but that's the way it is.
                    PRIDE in ones work or product is losing ground.

I was told that Melco cut the EMT machine because it was built to tough and they couldn't make enough money off it. So the Amaya came to life.

Comment

That sounds like the kind of thing that you hear a competing sales person say. I don't believe it. We have three original amayas and I wouldn't trade them for any machine out there.
                      John Yaglenski
                      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                      Hilton Head Island, SC
                      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Wayne, the Amaya was born to be able to sew at higher speeds and to sew independent of each other even tho they were networked. Years went into the design and birth of the Amaya---I won't swear, but I think 7 years.
                        Sharon
                        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I completely understand they were made for the fast speed but also for more or easier profit for the company. I was only saying what I had heard a few years back. I admit the Amaya sews faster and is a lot better and easier to move from place to place and when you need more machines it's easier to increase.
                          And I did have two in shipment to me last year but due to medical reasons had to cancel and send them back. If business (I doubt) ever picks up I may get one.
                          Now the last thing. I seem to see more people having problems with the Amaya than they did in the past with the EMC or the EMT.
                          If I get any Amayas I will never get rid of my machines until I can't get them repaired. And that is getting harder and harder to do each year.

Comment

Wayne,

I would venture to say that 90+ percent of the problems that folks experience with the Amayas' can be placed into two catagories. 1. Lack of Training. 2. Failure to or refusal to properly lubricate the machine on a regular basis.

The "Timers" help to remind you to lubricate certain areas of the machine, but should not be relied on as the gospel. As one example, machine is used, say 100 garments, machine sits for a week, machine is used for 50 garments then sits idle for 3 or 4 days, etc. The oil/grease can/will dry out during those idle periods. There are "LOTS" of varibles at play here. If you are waiting for the timers to tell you "everytime" to lubricate the machine, then you are waiting too long...simple as that.....

Rod Springer
                            Amaya Tech & Trainer
                            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Maintenance is one thing that I'm on top of.
                              I've had employees that would never ever oil the machines unless I did it or forced them to do it.
                              Everyone needs to clean their machine GOOD and keep them oiled and etc daily. Every morning first thing I oil the hooks & etc. and test sew on each head to make sure no oil gets on what I'm sewing.
                              You can eat off mine and I do have some problems but not as many as I would if I did nothing to them.
                              And you are so right about training. If you don't know what to do then it never gets done.

Comment

Working...
                              X