EMT/EMC owners better stock up on floppy disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMT/EMC owners better stock up on floppy disks

Sony is going to discontinue making 3.5" diskettes. Better get a few if you own the older Melco machines. http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20100426/...pphu-container

No other "input device"?
    Gregory

Comment

If someone is only working with 3.5 disk then they are 90% out of business anyway.

I remember when I purchased all the dakota collection in '92 and installed it on my computer. ONE DISK AT A TIME. What a nightmare.

Comment

IF anyone needs floppy disks, I have loads of them, some in MAC but they can be reformatted, and I found a box of brand NEW ones from the first computer I had for the Amaya!
        [email protected]

Comment

I had an old EMT that would only read single-sided low density 720KB 3.5" floppy disks. I made my own with high density 1.44mb 3.5" floppys with the following procedure:
          1) place tape over the hole on the right (the one without the overwrite slider)
          2) from a PC DOS or command prompt enter the following command:
          Format a: /n:9 /t:80

This makes perfectly functional low density single-sided floppy disks for those really old machines. It is a testiment to the longevity of these machines.

Comment

Working...
          X