Hooping suggestions for men's yoke back shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooping suggestions for men's yoke back shirts

I do a lot of embroidery on mens yoke back shirts. The clients want the stitching right above the yoke line and it is usually 14-16" long. I had my heart set on the EMS Slim-Line 12 x 5 until I found out it was $600.00. Using the jacket back frame just doesn't seem to hold the garment well. How do you do it? Help please!
    Debbie in Arizona

I always hooped the backing and glued down the shirt for lettering more than 12 inches.
    12 inches or less I hooped the shirt.

Comment

I would suggest also putting a running basting stitch frame around the area, easy to remove and extra protection from shifting.

My current home machine has where I can do this automatically by pushing a button don't know if the amaya has this feature still waiting for mine and haven't taken my lessons yet.

Sandy in Costa Rica
      Paradise can have it\'s draw-backs.

Comment

In my experience, it has proven to be best to stick with "factory parts" rather than to rely on aftermarket "helpers". Sandy- good point- bet you'll love your Amaya. Slow the machine down till the "bounce" is minimal- you'll likely make more money because of fewer damages.
        Gregory

Comment

Look into the hoopmaster magnetic hoops. may work better?
          Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Working...
          X