buying a Melco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a Melco

I have been quoted 14,500 for an Amaya XT with software and hoops is this a good deal I am in Costa Rica. What is the EP4 is it still available threw the company. So far Melco is the only distributor that I have found here and I don't want one of the China machines. I am wearing out my home embroidery machine and this is my second one.
    Paradise can have it\'s draw-backs.

The chinese made machines are nothing but junk. Stay away from them. The companies that have the embroidery market are Melco, Tajima, SWF, and Brother. Have you looked at all of them before making a final decision? Each one has different features and uses different software so you need to buy the machine that best suits your needs. I would imagine there isnt a market for jacketback size designs in Costa Rica so you may be able to buy a compact machine such as the Tajima NEO or SWF C-series to save some money and space. Also have you made sure there is an embroidery tech near you? If not, it will be very expensive to make repairs should you need a tech.

Comment

Nothing is close in Costa Rica it is an hour and half just to where the distributor is. I will be taking the machine to him if it breaks.
      Paradise can have it\'s draw-backs.

Comment

Here in the United States, the techs drive to where the machine so there is no packing it up and driving the machine anywhere (unless you choose to.) The techs do charge a mileage fee but it is much easier to pay the mileage fee than to put it in a truck and drive it to the tech. They weigh around 90kg.

Comment

I'm in Tucson, the closest Tech is 2 hours.
          Having moved my Amaya several times, and having the tech walk me through "fixes". The Amaya is the only way to go. as for a good deal, I'd say yes. I bought back in 2005, just before the XT (like 2 months) hit the streets. I love my Big Red, I paid more for my good deal at the time... I would do it again, Get the Pro+, I only went for the Pro in DesignShop. I just paid $$ to up grade. The XTs are next. Also having run the machine in SW FL, now in Tucson. I think the humidy in FL was just right for my Amaya. I have static electricity here in the dry desert, new to me,....
          Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

From what I understand, Melco no longer has the EP-4 machine available. This was a small four needle made by Janome. This machine was once available as an option for the home sewer who wasn't quite ready for a commercial machine.

What ever commercial machine you buy and need to bring back to the distributor to have serviced, remember that the machine will require a "two man lift". Lifting the machine by yourself to load into a truck will not be an option- if you value your back.
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Stay away from Ricoma and other machines that are seem on the internet at lower prices. You get what you pay for. I started with a cheap Chinese machine and regret it fully! I now own 2 Amaya XT machines and love both way better than the others I've used.
              Chris & Cindy

Comment

Working...
              X