Who's my tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's my tech?

Have yet to commit to a service agreement for my new to me XT. It would help if I new how far a tech would have to travel to service my macine. I'm in Randolph, WI--40 miles north of Madison. Who would be MY tech?

I believe his name is Jerry and he is in Wisconsin just cant remember exactly where he is however. I have his cell number if you want it. Next would probably be my tech which lives on the border of Minnesota/North Dakota...

Good Luck!
    Tina K.<br />Embroidery Gals<br /> <a href=\"http://www.embroiderygals.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.embroiderygals.com</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://www.bridalgiftspersonalized.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.bridalgiftspersonalized.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.facebook.com/cruisetoembroiderysuccess\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.facebook.com/cruisetoembroiderysuccess</a>

Comment

There is another tech that lives at the WI/MN border, just East of St. Paul. Sorry, I threw away his name and number when I moved from Minneapolis but maybe someone else on the list has it.

Comment

I would love to know his contact info if someone has it.
        Just in case I ever need a level 2 tech.
        Brent is the tech in Breckenridge that is like 3 hours + away.
        Hudson WI would be 1 1/2 much better.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Greenwig, he was at DAX Minneapolis helping in the Melco booth in 2009 when I was there. The 2010 show was last weekend. I would call your salesperson and ask who the tech is for your area.

Comment

They only give me Brents name from Breckenridge, don't get me wrong he is great but If I ever have to pay for a tech visit I would like to cut costs.

I should only need one in case of the need to rebuild the needle case but Who knows.

Thanks

but Keep me in mind if anyone comes up with his name.

I wonder woud it be possible to compile a list and a have it posted on the site here?

What about it John?

I would be willing to due the initial work with the help of the group members sending the info.

Maybe?
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

I would think it would be to the benefit of the techs, now that they are 'independent' of Melco, to promote their territories and get to know the amaya users in their areas! We have no problem with calling our tech, Brian, to come up and just give it a 'go over' to PREVENT problems down the road...even though our machine is used very little compared to some of you-having a problem come up that could have been prevented is well worth his charges. And coffee and fresh danish's always make him happier to make the trip! LOL

Comment

I was at DAX 2010 last week and I did not even see a melco booth.

Are they in that much trouble?
                $$ wise.
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

maybe it's hard to staff a booth when all your 'techs' are 'independent' and don't get paid unless they are on service calls! Who'd want to waste time at a show for free?
                  But I deal with several sign/vinyl suppliers that are giants in the industry and they don't do any shows...don't need to!
                  Magazine I have written articles for doesn't do the sign shows-I've told them I'd be glad to staff a booth for them anytime if they just pay for my room and board!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwing:
                    I was at DAX 2010 last week and I did not even see a melco booth.

Are they in that much trouble?
                    $$ wise.
                    No - it simply doesn't make sense anymore to do every trade show out there. They have been doing this for years and I am quite sure know which shows produce the greatest amount of return/leads for them.

Just for the record, they were at ISS Atlantic City a couple weeks ago.
                    John Yaglenski
                    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                    Hilton Head Island, SC
                    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

All companies have cut way back on trade shows. I was at ISS in Orlando on the Saturday and the number of people was way down. It used to be you couldn't walk down the isle because there were to many people, now you can roll a bowling bowl down the isle. Most vendors have cut back in the number of booths they buy. Melco used to have about 8-10 booths, now they 3. Bodek only had 2 booths when they used to have 8. I wonder how long the ISS will be around with low attendance and vendors cutting way back.

Comment

Suppliers are disappearing also...Diport/WW Group was the best source for polo shirts-all they did. Suddenly gone! Can't match their type of shirts or quality anywhere-couple of our 'reorder every few months' clients are not happy!
                        It's the economy-not only vendors are feeling it but small and large shops all over are just folding. No businesses to sell to, no jobs, means no supplies from vendors. I've talked to sales people at a few of our suppliers, (Sanmar, etc.) and they say business overall is way off and anyone getting an order considers themselves lucky! It's going to be a long slow ride-so buckle down and hang on. Cancel the order for your ferrari!

Comment

Tech's & Trainers are already listed on the Melco University site...

Rod Springer
                          Amaya Tech & Trainer
                          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Not all of them are
                            listed

Only the ones that also are contracted by melco.
                            [email protected]
                            Jerome in Minnesota
                            (320)259-1151

Comment

Jerome....

If a Tech is not listed on the Melco site...they are not "certified" Amaya technicians.....

To choose a non-certified tech , of course, is a personal choice, but may be risky in this day and age....lots of wan-ta-be's out there...as evidenced by some of the machines we have had to follow up on.....

Rod Springer
                              Amaya Tech & Trainer
                              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
                              X