Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Foot Stuck in the Down Position

Help!
    I oiled my hook and blew everything out of my Non-XT Amaya this morning (Daily Routine) and have been sewing for about 4 hours. Then out of no where in the middle of sewing a design the pressure foot goes down then the machine tries to move back and forth bending my needle. I tried the head up command and it did nothing, so I turned of the computer and the Amaya and reset them. Nothing Happened - pressure foot still down. I took a wirecutters and cut the needle to get it out and have tried to reset the computer and Amaya several times. The only error message is "Color Change Stepper Index Error Off Index while Sewing". Nothing is happening! The Amaya will not take any commands. Any HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Stacy
    Mother Lode Custom Embroidery
    [email protected]

Stacey:

You might want to give melco tech support a buzz on this one. Someone should be able to walk you thru the process of getting this back online.

You should be able to press in the estop and manually rotate the shaft on the underside of the Amaya "belly" to get the neetle to go up.

Then try to reset things.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Roland,

I have moved the pressure foot up manually, but the needle head will not go up.

Comment

With the e-stop botton down you can reach up into the sewing arm behind the needle plare and feel the round shaft. You should be able to rotate this which will move the needle bar up and down. Once you have rotated this when you reset the e-stop it should come back up. Did you get something caught in the rotary hook by chance? I did this the other day and couldn't rotate the needle up until I took the garment off and realized I had caught the mesh from a duffle bag in the hook. Once I got that out the needle came back just fine and luckily I didn't mess up the timing or anything else.
        Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Working...
        X