thread breaks when stitching over other stitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread breaks when stitching over other stitching

hi I have an amaya red and have been trying to stitch out a name using melco custom scipt font and will stitch fine until it goes to stitch over the tail end of a letter then the thread shreds and breaks have tried different pressor foot adjustments top and bottom changed needles adjusted the density ect. does anyone have any idea what i might be doing wrong,,,it also did this to me a couple days ago on another font and just thought it was the font so changed to a different font and still does the same thing and only when it goes over other stitching

Perhaps it's too dense. What do you have the density set at? What kind of underlay are you using? What is the size of the font?
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

For small stitches, always make sure 'SHORT STITCHES' is turned OFF.
      This alleviates a LOT of breaks...too many stitches trying to fit into one place, like a corner on a fancy stitch.

Comment

did density at 3.8 & 4,,,,have used 1&2 tearaways & used 3.0 oz cutaway,,, size of font is 1.5" tall,,,fabric is simple scrap cotton/poly material,,even did pull comp @ 120 and 130
        thanks for answering

Comment

Try using ball point needles.

If you have an Amaya made before 2006, have you had a tech look into tuning it up??

Ed Orantes
          Melco Tech & Trainer
          -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
          X