Thread Breaks, Small Letters, Bobbin showing through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Breaks, Small Letters, Bobbin showing through

Hi. My name is Tracey. I recently purchased a used Amaya from my in laws. I am having trouble with having thread breaks, Small Lettering, and the bobbin thread showing through the top of the design. The thread breaks happen probably every other design. I have checked the tension, checked to make sure the thread is ran correctly, not really sure when the last time it was oiled. The thread just frays and breaks. Small letters I am having big trouble with, they are not clean. When the are too thick or something looking, can not tell what the letters are supposed to be. The top thread looks to be too loose. Also, On small letters and sometimes regular sized letters the Bobbin thread shows through to the top a lot. You can't even see the top thread in some parts, there is so much bobbin coming through. HELP HELP HELP I have some very important clients waiting on their shirts, and can not get them to turn out right.

Tracey

I don't know the size of your lettering or what you are stitching on but the problems you are experiencing are likely the result of improper digitizing.

Generally speaking when creating small lettering ...

1) reduce stitch density considerably. Amount of reduction will depend on size of letters, material being stitched on, etc.

2) use only a center run underlay [or if very small letters, possibly no underlay at all]

3} choose your fonts carefully. Not all fonts stitch well when doing small lettering.

4) search for and remove excessively short stitches from lettering [especially if your thread
    breaks seem to occur in the same areas of the design]

Good luck

Bob

Comment

also check your bobbin tension
      you should have a 2"-4" drop when you have the case threaded before you go through the pigtail.

When you say small lettering if it is less then 1/4th inch it is prob. too small.

If you don't know when it was Oiled last YOU NEED TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These machines DO NOT LIKE NOT BEING LUBRICATED!!
      Be sure to use the proper lubricants in the proper place

and you should err on the side of Good maintenance.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Thank you both....I tried the things you said to check or do, and the lettering comes out better, but the bobbin thread is still showing through to top. Thanks again
        Tracey

Comment

If your bobbin thread is showing on the top that ultimately means that your top thread is too tight for the tension of the bobbin thread. Change one or the other, or both.

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

try going in to your maintanance menu, settings Tab, Thread feed and setting the lower actifeed limit to 3 or 4 then save and try again.

use auto actifeed, if your not...
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Decreasing the column fill helps me. Default used to be 50, but now it is 40. See what these settings are. Play with it a little.

Also check your thread feeders. Are they grooved{used a long time and the thread has caused an indention in the wheel(s)} which can cause the thread to slide and break.

I can get lettering down to 3/16th on good fabric

Comment

Working...
              X