Design Shop shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Shop shutting down

I was scrolling through Design Shop files looking for an old design. Just a few files into scrolling Design Shop automatically shuts down. I reopen and over and over this happens. "Design Shop has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I can't even get through the list enough to find the file I need to stitch.

I am using Vista. Design Shop 7

Any words of wisdom?

Chrissy
    ~Chrissy~

Try going into "explore" (not sure if it's the same for vista--I'm not familiar with it) and try finding and opening your design from there. See if you can trick it into opening it. Otherwise you may have to re-install the program.
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Chrissy;
      I'm not much on VISTA but sometimes you need to uninstall and reinstall your Design Shop. This is assuming that your computer is OK.
      Ted II

Comment

Chrissy,
        Is it possible you have a bad connection with your dongle? If the computer isn't seeing the dongle correctly, then Design Shop will open for a fraction of a second and then close again.
        Of course, sometimes you will get an error telling you "a security key has not been found" but not every time.

Ed
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Have you tried to do a "system restore" on the computer? I am on a large network & get quite a few automatic updates & sometimes this lets those little "gremlins" in, and "POOF"- neverland. I find that if I do this is solves this sort of problem @ 75% of the time- and its easy. But, keep in mind, I have the pleasure of having the server to save identical files in. If you have created new files after the restore point, they will be lost if you don't back them up in some way.
          Gregory

Comment

System restore will not fix the issue and is not sugested unless the whole operating system fails. Go into Device Manager and remove all USB devices, reboot the computer and let Windows find them all again. (This will about 30 minutes to complete.)

Comment

The same thing is happening with me with Design Shop 9, current release using Windows 7. I tried all of the above and have been working with the Melco tech's for the past 4 days.

Fortunately, if you open a design from windows explorer and let it load Design Shop, then everything works fine - even loading up new designs.

Shirley

Comment

Here's one for you all. I did a restore on my computer and had to re-install Design Shop V9 and Amaya OS (which I had installed before on here) Operating system is Windows XP. When I try to do the re-install it give error messages. It was set for Windows 95 compatability so I changed it to Windows 98, then I tried Windows 2000, still no luck. Anyone have any other ideas on what I can do to get my sanity back? Thanks in advance.
                Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

Comment

Try using Windows XP compatibility. My V9 worked fine on XP.
                  Marcelle Lewis
                  http://embroideryavenue.com
                  http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Working...
                  X