Smoke Damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke Damage?

Today there was a fire in the building next to my shop. There was quite a bit of smoke in my building for approximatlly 2 hours. Am going to have to wait to see what the insurance company say about the products left. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what should i do about thread that was left out in the shop and exposed to the smoke. Also if the smoke could damage the XT other than needing a good cleaning. I also have customer items in the shop that might also have smoke damage, how have any of you handled this? It wasn"t a good day today. but it could of been worse. Thanks for the advice.

Donald

Donald...I just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you and since I haven't ever had this I can't help but just wanted to let you know we are thinking and praying that you will be back to normal soon without too much trouble...

Jenny

Westbrook Wonders
    Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

IF there is a Sam's CLub nearby (and I was recently told that Home Depot has it now) you want a product called 'Odo Ban'...sort of like a generic Fabrez but totally unscented AND IT WORKS LIKE CRAZY!
      We have used it around the house and shop for years and you buy a gallon and get a free filled sprayer with it. FDA safe, no staining...
      client bought a used car for a taxi, learned someone had died in the car and it was rank...I mean, really stanko...sprayed it with OdoBan...you couldn't tell and it didn't come back. Friend recently lost his house to fire, I gave him a gallon to use in the laundry with their clothes and to spray the furniture, bedding, etc. and he loved it-saved them thousands of $$$. Great stuff-you can use it in the laundry!
      Also if you have a dog with gas or left you a present in the house-removes the odor immediately.

Comment

How terrible for you. I am with Jenny, sending prayers and glad to here your damage was minimal.
        That Odoban stuff sounds amazing!! I might have to pick some up!!

Good Luck!

Laurie

Comment

Yes it was Fathers day. The restaurant downstairs had a kitchen fire,(right below us)
          Place amonia in a large bowl and leave in the shop overnight. Should remove smoke oder. It also works with skunks...If you have soot (we had a diesel fire place back up and filled our sail boat with soot. comet and cold water got it off the painted walls and teak wood work.
          Good you didn't get the heat and flames.
          Gabi in Tucson
          Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Donald;
            Ted here, 3rd party tech in MO. You've had good advice on everything but the machine. I'd be concerned about the boards the Y rails and X rollers. You can clean most anything on the machine. I don't knopw about cleaning the boards but the X rollers and the Y bearings could be replaced. Certainly a good lubrication on all points. I'd want to talk to MELCO about it and they will want to know about how much smoke you had. Where in OK are you?

Comment

Working...
            X