Parts diagram for XT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts diagram for XT?

Does anyone know where I can find a parts diagram for an XT - I have a broken part on the machine, but have no idea what it is called.

It is the metal piece that grabs the needlebar when it is selected. The bottom "tab" broke off and the needle just falls straight to the needlecase.

Thanks in advance.

You should have a parts CD in your brown cardboard box called the "Parts CD & Tech Manual".
    What it sounds like you are describing is the "reciprocator". In rare occasions, the bottom "jaw" of the reciprocator can break off if you sew into a hoop at high speeds.

Melco will sell you the Reciprocator Assembly.
    DON'T HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE IF THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT PART!!!!!
    I'm only trying to help. But if you aren't able to find or get a manual, the part number for the reciprocator assembly is: 30666-05 (Do your own double checks when ordering)

With that said, I don't recommend you trying to replace your reciprocator yourself if it is in fact the part that is broken. I'm not trying to drum up work for a tech but more importantly that if you haven't taken the technical course at Melco, you may wind up with more problems than you started out with.
    Consider this and good luck.

Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed,

Thank you for your response. I do believe you are correct (finally found a the part on online), and I think it may be in my best interest to get a tech out to make sure the process is done correctly. I would much rather spend a little more up front for someone who know what they are doing!

Comment

Not to mention it will get done a lot quicker. I can change out a reciprocator assembly from start to finish in about an hour.

Good luck to you.

Ed
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed, where are you located? I need a tech in North Alabama. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X