AMAYA XT Bobbin case area making LOUD noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMAYA XT Bobbin case area making LOUD noise

I've been sewing all morning and all of a sudden there is a very loud noise coming from the bobbin case area. I stopped the machine, removed the bobbin case, cleaned the area, tried to start the machine again and the clanging started again and broke a needle. What do I do?
    Leighton and Rhonda<br />Kealaokalani Custom Embroidery<br />Kamuela, HI 96743

Leighton & Rhonda,

The first thing that you need to do is take off the needle plate and see if the selector and/or knife is working properly. The pushrod wire(s) may be broken or just come loose and the selector and/or knife may be out in the way of the needle path.

You can go into Maintenance, Steppers and do the IN, OUT tabs to see if they fire and retract properly.

This is a process of elimination....first things first.....something is getting in the way of the needle path....probably that is....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Ok, I've done the in and out tabs and it goes in and out fine.

Comment

Both the selector and the knife individually?

If so, get out the little flat guage for checking the gap between retaining support finger and the rotary hook body.

Information on this can be found in the Parts & Tech CD under Hook Timing.

If this spacing is not correct and/or the hook timing is not correct, the needle could be contacting metal or the thread may be popping on the support finger. Follow the instructions in the CD on the hook timing procedure carefully......

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Rod, I did the hook timing procedure over and over until we got it timed correctly. Now, there is no noise coming from the machine, but now the bobbin thread is not being grabbed properly and it's not being brought to the top.

Comment

Not sure what you mean about the "bobbin thread not being brought to the top" ??

Is it trimming both the top and bottom thread properly?

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Rod, the bobbin thread is not being grabbed until about the 10th or so stitch. We adjusted the gap but still no change.

Comment

Rod, also, when we did the hook timing....it said that if our number that is noted at the bottom of the machine is not a rounded number ie: if its 200.2 to round it to 199 position. I did that because our number was 200.4. Whenever I checked the head timing, up and then down, it would go to position 180.1. I read on in the instructions and it said if our number is between 2 certain numbers when the head goes down, then we're timed. Is this true? Or do I keep repeating the steps until I get it positioned to exactly 199 when I do head up and then head down? I appreciate your input especially being that it is on the weekend.

Comment

Those numbers sound more like something to do with Z timing. You could have the rotary hook anywhere on the shaft and commanding the needle to go to bottom center would always take it to the 180+ or minus position, assuming that the Z axis timing is correct. You probably would have needle on metal strikes as well on the rotary hook.

Are you getting these instructions from the Parts & Tech CD?

I would like to see these instructions....can you scan them or copy them or fax them some way and email them to me at

[email protected]

Something is not right here! I don't believe that you have the hook timed yet. Did you set both the left and right position of the point of the hook in relation to the back side of the closest needle and then set the needle guard gap to be as close as possible to the back side of the needle?

If these instructions do not sound familiar, then you are dealing with the Z timing and without proper training, you want to stay away from this one as far as you can. Hook timing , yes, but Z timing , no, notta, nine, niche, nope and don't go there or you will really have the machine messed up and a tech call will be on the horizon. On second thought, I haven't been to Hawaii in quite a spell.

The numbers in the lower right corner...yours being 200.4 IS the target number you want to set your hook timing to. The C-#, which will be a number between 1 and 16, is the Closest needle and the timing will be done using this needle.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Yes, these instructions are what we had to do. I think the guard gap still needs to be adjusted a little closer. I will be at the shop in a couple of hours. It's 644am here in Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                    X