Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XT's, broken threads, false starts, false stops, sideless, cardboard and NEBs bobbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XT's, broken threads, false starts, false stops, sideless, cardboard and NEBs bobbins

If your eyes aren't exhausted from reading the title, I thought I'd put this out for anyone who had the same problems I did.

I got my XT and had problems with it not trimming (occasionally), overtrimming to where the needle became unthreaded, starting to sew and not catching the thread on the bobbin, therefore unthreading the needle, shreding poly thread on Auto actifeed mode...did I mention I was threading a LOT of needles???

I had been using sideless bobbins in Big Red, and in the XT they just wouldn't do. So I cursed, and cussed and went back to cardboard. Better, but not by much.

I broke out the NEBS.

WOW~! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I just got done running 6 patches and two logos that used to make me cringe and beg for mercy. Not a thread break, trim problem, unthreading problem, NADA.

For anyone who can use cardboard sided in their Big Reds, I have 2 gross of Madiera, and 4.8 gross of R/A in plain boxes.

For anyone who has this same kind of problem with their XT, I've become a distributor for NEBs. $32 per gross plus actual shipping by the post office, and it's amazing how many boxes of bobbins will fit into a flat rate box.

Hey, the sideless bobbins give us headaches...so what do you want to part with your 'old fashioned' bobbins?
    Make a sacrifice-get them out of your sight...
    let me know!
    Roland

Comment

I have always used Magna-core bobbins in my "other" machine so was the only thing I had when I got my Amaya XT. They work wonderfully, with never a hiccup.

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Just like Juli on Kona, we have been using magna-core bobbins when we had our Toyotas so we stayed with them. They work great in our Amayas both red and XT.

Lee and Barbara
        Digital Stitchz / LaserWorkz<br />905 Texas Street<br />Fairfield, CA 94533<br />707-426-9963<br /><br />Embroidery, Screenpriinting, laser engraving and banners<br /><br />We keep you in STITCHZ, make your life colorful & your business more visible.

Comment

Working...
        X