Needle Case Groaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle Case Groaning

Recently got another Amaya (Big Red) and OS (ver. 4.02.041) came with the machine.

I've hooked up both to a different computer with the OS (Flex) which newer than the one I had and everything is working just fine with the exception that both machines are making groaning noises when doing a color change on start up and while sewing.

My older machine had never done this until they were both on the new computer. Any correlation? I'm planning on getting the old computer out and hooking things up the way it was before to see if it makes this noise on either machine.

Any other suggestions?

Until I hear the sound(s) myself to know for sure, I would say the color change groaning that you are referring to is a result of the combination of machine and version of Amaya OS that you have.
    There's not much you'll be able to do to change the sound other than updating the color change motor and programmed chip that plugs into the mainboard. Melco sells this as an upgrade to the older (red) Amayas.

Hope this helps.
    Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Just a thought...has the weather changed recently like it has over here? Gotten colder, and your furnace/heating system is running more? If it isn't in the 'program'...it may be the heat is evaporating your oil...time to do maintainence.
      I'd do a full maintainence procedure anyways, especially with a 'new' machine-to make sure you eliminate any chance that something doesn't need some grease or oil. We got in the habit with our Big Red of adding 20 drops to the oil 'keyhole' and on the shafts before we started any sewing each week-because it normally sat idle for several weeks at times and the hot air furnace dried all the oil up. Never had a problem when we started 'topping it off' before each use.
      Roland

Comment

Well, I hooked up the old computer and connected the original machine and it was as quiet as it has ever been on start up/color change. The OS is ver 6.? and I guess it isn't Flex +, or at least it won't recognize the 2nd dongle.

Guess I live with the groaning due to an outdated OS until I can afford to upgrade. Anyone have an idea how much this runs? I don't need Design Shop, just the OS.

Comment

Working...
        X