THREAD FEED GEAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THREAD FEED GEAR

TODAY I NOTICED AFTER CHANGING THE THREAD FEED ROLLER PINCH ROLLER AND NEEDLE THAT THE ROLLERS WERE NOT MOVING CORRECTLY.
    THEY WOULD ROLL AND STOP ROLL AND STOP WITH CONTINUOUS THREAD BREAKS.
    MY QUESTION IS IS THIS A GEAR AND IF SO IS THIS SOMETHING I CAN FIX OR DO I NEED A TECH TO COME IN AND REPLACE

Hi there. I'd check the black roller covers. If they aren't seated correctly, all sorts of strange things can happen.

Judy

Comment

Elaine,
      You either are having troubles with lack of lubrication on the red pinch rollers or you are having troubles in the drive gear area.
      It could be that you have tangled thread or possibly have a broken or cracked gear.

If you are mechanically inclined, you could start to dissassemble the covers around the thread feed drive system and inspect but if you are nervous about any of this, then you might want to consider a service call.

With a service call, not only will you have your problem corrected, but you should also learn how to prevent the same problem down the road. Not to mention you will probably learn a great deal more from the tech if you ask a lot of questions.

Ed Orantes
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
      X