Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing Amaya XT for 6-Month Hibernation

Hi All,

I'm preparing to leave for an all expense paid 6-month work assignment in Brisbane, Australia for my job. The Amaya XT supports my rather expensive sewing hobby--my real job helps pay for it! I leave on October 28, 2009 and won't return to the United States until April 26, 2010. My friends tell me I should take the Amaya XT with me on the flight with me. Wish I could!! I am thinking I'll take a much smaller Pfaff sewing/embroidery machine instead.

Is there anything I should do for my Amaya XT that I am leaving behind besides unplug it and drape a cover over it to keep the dust out? Do I need to lube a few parts before I go? It will be sitting inside my home in San Diego so it should keep relatively clean. I imagine when I get back I'll have to do some major lubrication. I can check back with you experts then.

In the meantime, I will probably go silent on this list until I return in April. Miss you all!

Thanks!
    Ed Roux

Ed,

Just cover it and it should be fine...maybe give the rotary hook a drop and spin....as long as it is stored in a relatively dry non-humid environment and the needle bars and reciprocator were kept well lubricated, then giving it a good grease and oil job on your return should be good....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Have a good trip, Ed.
      Don't get into any fights with the Kangaroo.
      I've never quite understood their tradition of putting shrimp on a Barbie Doll. ?????
      I do like the accents though.

Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
      X