Design Hitting Hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Hitting Hoop

Has anyone used the Tubular Sash Frame(20.7" x 16.8")? I've used it a for a couple different designs and it really irks me. I have a set of motorcycle rockers that are a hair over 16 inches wide. They obviously fit inside the 20 inch hoop, but the sewing parameters are apparently set to just about 16 inches and it therefore beeps and says it's at hoop limit when I trace this particular design. So, I have to un-check "enable hoop limits" in the machine tab of the settings menu. My first question is why is this hoop's sewing parameters about 4 inches smaller than the hoop can actually go?

I'm really not understanding the dotted lines and the solid lines in OS. I've always assumed that the dotted lines are about a 1/2" in from the inner hoop, which would be your sewing limit, if you go past the dotted line, you risk hitting the hoop. I came to this conclusion because when I trace a design, it beeps when the design crosses the dotted line and I can see from watching the machine trace, that the laser is about 1/2 inch away from the inner hoop when it beeps and returns to the origin. So, if the dotted line that runs along side the solid lines are the sewing limits, then what is the dashed line for in the rectangular hoops? why do they extend beyond both the dotted and solid lines? And in the Tubular sash frame, why does it end two inches in on either side of the hoop?

I don't expect anyone to answer all these questions, but I just want to see what anyone can come up with as to why the rectangular hoops are so screwy.

My most important question is also regarding the tubular sash frame. I called tech support but they were really unable to give me a decent reason as to why the design hit the hoop. I have a design that is approximately 15" by 15" and because of it's shape, it sits just within the dotted line. When I sent the design over to OS and traced it on the machine, the machine did NOT beep and did not tell me it reached hoop limit. I went ahead and stitched the design and it got down to the bottom right area of the design and it hit the hoop, luckily I was close by so that I could hit stop, but the machine beeped and stopped itself anyway. I immediately checked in AMAYA OS to see if I was a dumb ass and forgot to check "enable hoop limits" but it WAS on. When the machine hit, a message came up and said z-axis tracking error. We were able to get the machine running again, but I still don't understand why the machine didn't recognize the hoop limit.

I traced the design several times and something seems off with what the machine does, and what I see in AMAYA OS. When I center the hoop, and center the design in OS, the design is right at the dotted line (ie. about 1/2 inch away from the solid lines at the top and bottom). When I trace the design on the machine, there is about 1 1/2" at the top and the laser gets almost right up to the edge of the inner hoop at the bottom. Why does OS show something different from what is actually traced? When I called Melco, Sal had me reset and clear out a whole bunch of stuff, thinking that maybe some of the program files were corrupted. I'm still getting the same results, so I don't know what the deal is.

The only thing I can think of (if this isn't solely my issue) is that this hoop's parameters are not set correctly. I don't know if OS is saying that the hoop is larger than it actually is, or that it is reading the hoop center as the wrong location. That's another thing I don't understand, when you select the tubular sash frame, the center axes are not actually at the center of the hoop. I look at most of the other hoops on the list and the axes are right at the center. Some of the other odd shaped square hoops aren't at the exact center either. What's the deal with that? Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me! :-D
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Hi,

Read this thread http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ult...pic/1/727.html which I started a couple months ago. This might help you understand some things.

Ed Roux

Comment

Here is another solution:

When faced with a non-rectangle or odd shaped hoop, digitize the shape, for instance an oval, that is inside the inner hoop. If you are afraid that the back will be hit by the presser foot, than add another line on the top. So now your design will looks like an oval with a bubble at the top. Save this "frame" and name it something like "Frame for Tub Sash". Now when you want to check if your design will fit in the Tubular Sash hoop, just insert the file "Frame for Tub Sash" in your design. If the design is wholly inside the frame, then you are good to go. If not then you can tweak your design. You can make the whole design smaller, or just fix the parts that stick outside the frame. I would have the oval frame as the last object and have it a different color so it will sew with a new needle. Of course you will not sew this part. When setting your needle assignments, put a "hold" before the last color and the machine will stop.

When digitizing from scratch, load your file "Frame for Tub Sash" first so you can see exactly where you can and cannot put your design. Just make sure that you make the frame the last object when you have finished.

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Kerrminator,

The physical limits of an Amaya machine are 41cm wide and 40 cm tall. That translates to a rectangle 16.14" by 15.75". Take some off for the corners.

For a detailed explanation of hoop limits follow the link Ed provided.

One thing to remember is that the hoop limit in the machine for the rectangular hoops does not have the corners rounded off. The machine hoop limit is represented by the dashed line that goes beyond the dotted and solid line on your display. When you do a trace on the machine it is checking if the design goes beyond the dashed line, not the dotted or solid lines.

Hoops that are defined as round or elliptical have hoop limits that are the same as the dotted line inside the solid line. These hoops will always generate an error before allowing the needle to hit the hoop. That is assuming that you have the correct hoop size selected.

Always trace your designs and watch the laser. If it gets too close to the hoop the needle will hit even if it doesn't give a hoop limit message.

Comment

Working...
        X