Going on the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going on the road!

I own a monogram shop and purchased the AmayaXT about a year ago. The machine I have is perfect for my store location, but I plan on going to fairs,festivals, and other events and would like to be able to embroider on the spot. Anyone with an AmayaXT knows that they are not portable. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look into. I need something that I will be able to carry myself, but will still offer speed, multiple thread colors, and features more advanced than a home embroidery machine.

Thanks!
    Julie Whittington<br />Owner<br />The Whimzy Tree<br />407 S. Main St. <br />Emporia, VA 23847 <br />434-634-2303 tel<br />434-634-2305 fax<br /><a href=\"http://www.thewhimzytree.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thewhimzytree.com</a><br />[email protected]<br />\"Specializing in unique and personalized jewelry and gifts. Be You-nique!\"

Melco doesn't list the weight of the Amaya XT on the website for some unknown reason. (Or I can't find it easily.) I would look at the compact machines which are probably lighter and can still do caps as well as jacketsbacks and of course pocketsize designs.
    The Amaya Bravo is 165lbs (without cart)
    Tajima NEO is 170lbs (without cart)
    SWF/E-1501C is 140 lbs (without cart)

If those are still to heavy, Brother makes a PR-600 or PR-620 which is 81 lbs but you are very limited on size but it will do caps.

Comment

Our salesman has a cart that he uses to put the top of the amaya xt on. It folds up like a medical gurney and slides into the back of his trail blazer. He does this by removing the thread tree and placing it on a board that sits on the hooping arms. hooks it all together with bungie cords and wraps in a large roll of plastic wrap. Works nicely. If you have futher interest we could probably get a picture. He hauls it all over the place. Takes about 20 mintures to take down and put up. Margaret
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

My ex-girlfriend was 237 lbs (without cart).

ROF LOL

(Rolling on floor Laughing out loud)
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Dear Whimsy Tree,

(Seriously though,)

I've had to move a Brother PR 620 by myself before and let's just say, I'm glad I already had my two kids prior. 81 lbs. or not, it's an awkward lift.

Just about all commercial machines are going to be hindered in the fact that they will almost certainly require a "two man lift". Should you choose to do this with such a machine, don't rule out some form of insurance just in case the machine is dropped or knocked over in transit or, God forbid, you get into a car accident with the machine aboard.

Now Janome makes a 4 needle machine called the MB-4 which also happens to be the same machine that Melco sells called the EP-4. Now, this machine you could carry by yourself and is just a little fancier than a home machine. However, as a service tech with hundreds of customers, I haven't seen but one in the field and that was only because that person bought one in a package deal with a couple of Amayas and a garment printer. And it was sitting in the corner collecting dust.

Most people feel that for what they will pay for an EP-4, they would just as well purchase a Melco Bravo and benefit from all the commercial features.

Good luck to you.
          -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
          X