Service Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Manual

Is there somewhere one can get a service manual for the machine.

We have real problems getting Tech support at critical times and in all honesty the machine ends up with problems after the tech has been anyway.

A service manual would save us waiting 2 weeks for a tech to fix the single head that I rely on. My husband is has mechtronic background as well as long time computer hardware engineer experience so I don't think the manual would be too hard for him to understand.

Am scared to take orders anymore because as soon as I try to fulfill an order the machine goes bust!

Looks pretty - but oh my!!!
    Christine<br /><a href=\"http://www.cmebd.com\" target=\"_blank\">Embroidery By Design</a>

I totally agree with you Christine. My Amaya just bit the dust last evening, right in the middle of an order which has to be completed by Tuesday. I am not looking forward to having to contact Melco for instructions. A repair manual would be really great. Hope someone listens to you .................or should I say us...........Marie

Comment

All....

Melco no longer supplies a printed version of the Operators manual with the purchase of a machine(s).

The Operators manual and a Tech manual is supplied within the Parts and Tech CD that comes with any machine. A person could print off their own copy from this.

The Tech manual can certainly help in some areas, but it does not take the place of formal classroom and hands on training that I paid $$$$$ dearly $$$$$ to learn, not to mention the spendy bunch of tools needed to be able to do a professional job that Melco requires a Tech to purchase.

The Tech manual does show a lot of "how-to's"...but it does not tell the why's and how this can affect that, which may affect this, that will affect that and is going to affect everything that you just messed with or didn't mess with....etc....Some of it reads like an old Alfred Hitchcock movie ending, leaving you asking , but,but, where is the rest of the story....!?

But, there are those that think they can be sucessfull fixing their own machines...most try out of necessity, some make it, some are lucky and some are not....that's when a trained tech has to come and put everything back in order....it's the little things that will get you when the understanding is not there....

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Christine and Marie,
        I have to agree with what Rod said but I'd like to add a little additional info.

Even though all of the Amayas that Melco has produced over the years are relatively the same style machine, one must know that modifications or improvements are always being made by Melco and it is part of the service tech's responsibility to "keep up" with these changes implemented by Melco so as not to be "working in the past".

First you must make sure that you have the correct service manual for your specific Amaya machine serial number and then you must learn if there have been any changes made since the service manual was created. It also states throughout the service manual that there are certain procedures that are intended for individuals who have attended a Melco class on that subject - otherwise problems may result.

I wish you all the best in your repair but if you need any help from an Amaya tech, guys such as Rod, Hugo, and myself would be happy to service your machine(s) in the shortest amount of time possible. If we are not in your vicinity, maybe we can find you a tech who is. And if you don't have a tech close to you, maybe your husband would consider becoming a tech himself? That's how I got started 8 years ago.

Sincerely,
        Ed Orantes
        Melco Tech & Trainer
        504-258-6260
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Hi All here who are trying to help me - much thanks.

I have had further issues which have been documented along the way and a couple on this forum and more recently on the MelcoWorld forum.

I am in Australia so your very kind and thoughtful suggestion of help is most appreciated. Unfortunately there is one distributor here who is also the "main" techie and I believe he has someone in Queensland whom I have never met or seen (I live in Tasmania).

My disappointment is that there has been no concern at all about these issues and though we suggested up front when the machine started doing the most weird things (had a couple of motherboards changed etc, bits falling out of the machine, needle carriage blasting across the sewing field and clamping down on hoops and grabber) that perhaps it should be swapped and returned to Melco so that they could analyse whatever the problems may be - we were told - its not a problem. Obviously, though, from what you have said our techie should have been visiting us in shorter periods than 18 months (6 months late for each service) to upgrade the machine to the latest and surest working order. We just got suggestions for "tweaking" parameters.

I just want to be able to run a small business and for the last 2.5 years have earned AU200.00 approx (US$120.00) - well I suppose that's a small business.

I have stocks of shirts - all black that I had ordered for a customer that -I- ended up having to cancel the order on me because the machine would only stitch out one or at best 2 of the design acceptably. Not good business practice but what could I do?

I provided a free service to one customer who wanted -his- shirts embroidered. The test stitch worked reasonably and the customer was happy with the sample; but the inconsistent nature of the machine caused ripping of two of the shirts that were worth $80 each (that is australian dollars). Of course the techie doesn't really care - after all according to the contract when we purchased he is not responsible for any of my loss of earnings. However if the machine was only "delivered" and not "installed" to work as it was intended then there could well be a an interpretation here.

He (techie) finally arrived four weeks ago (after 18 months and only that we contacted him) and I believe I have a machine that works the way it was supposed to when first installed (though 8 z-axis errors occurred after 14 days of use - the z-axis motor was replaced). Which absolutely proves that he did not INSTALL the machine properly in the first place. I think this installation has done Melco and the Amaya XT a great disservice - after all people only talk about their experiences.

The saddest thing is I had about 10 customers before the machine was even delivered and have lost them - I don't think I will be able to get them back again even now that the machine "seems" to be working. A couple of things I did manage to get out (much wasted thread, needles, stabilisers, shirts and depleted confidence) later were part of the "earnings".

I am sorry if the above is a bit disjointed which is most probably due to a lot of frustration that has now turned into anger.

Cheers
          Christine<br /><a href=\"http://www.cmebd.com\" target=\"_blank\">Embroidery By Design</a>

Comment

Christine:

The best thing for you at this point is to call Melco direct. No one here (nor your tech) it appears is going to be able to solve your problems.

The forums are a great place to share information and to fix a small problem here or there, but unfortunately, it's not going to solve your issues at this point.

If it were my machine, I'd have documented every problem in writing and sent it to the head of Melco in your country (if there is one) and Melco Corporate in Denver, Colorado. Then follow it up with a phone call until you are satisfied with the resolution. Only they are going to be able to help you.

If you were here in the states, it probably would be a lot easier - because there are a ton of great techs (like Rod/Sharon, Ed, Hugo and others) who help folks work thru their issues in person. You need someone from corporate to intervene if you are not satisfied with the service you have been given from day one.

Here's hoping you can get productive. These really are great machines...

John
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
            Hilton Head Island, SC
            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
            X