running dsv9 without adjust cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running dsv9 without adjust cables

I have the design shop pro in version 7 and version9. what I'm wondering is if I run version 9 without getting the x y cables adjusted is that going to hurt anything. I really can't afford a tech call at present so have just been running version 7.

That's your call. I have 8 machines and only 3 made noises after installing V9OS. Cables on all of them were loose but only 3 made the awful noise. You can tighten the cables yourself enough to stop the noise, but without the force tension gauge you cant get it within spec. Having said that they are probably not within spec now if they are too loose. I know the techs out there are getting their blood pressure up but if you tighten the cable enough to stop the noise and no tighter they probably wont be too tight.

So again it's your call. You will see an improvement in stitch quality and a quieter running machine with V9 OS. If you don't want to install the OS right now just install the V9 DS and save the files as a V7. V9 DS is not without it's problems but the guys at Melco are working hard on getting them fixed.

Steve I.
    Trinity Embroidery
    Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

CJK-

Here's my advice on this. It depends on the age of your machines and whether you have noticed any sew quality issues.

On our original Amaya, I started to notice some issues running at higher speeds - especially that column width was wider on one machine than the other and the sew quality was not as good.

So, I finally took the time and checked out the tension of the cables on both machines I own (now 3 as of last weekend - woo hoo!) - and tension on the first machine I bought was way off. I mean seriously off to the point where I was kicking myself for not checking it sooner. We've had that machine since 2003. The second machine was only slightly off.

Bottom line is that it definately can't hurt to check it. Our original machine is sewing like new again and my wife is very happy. I'd swear I heard somewhere that within the first few years of use, most machines should have the cables tensioned - because a significant percentage loosen after the break in period (but my memory could be wrong).
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Yup John,

You are right, the cables can stretch from the tension and loosen up a bit. Depends on useage on how much. I worked on an XT a couple of days ago that the 2 year phase of the warranty had just dropped off of and the cables were reading at 5 pounds. Spec is 10 + or - 1/2 pounds. Get them too tight and you are prone to more stretch over time, too loose and registration/noise etc, issues will surface.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

OK. I plead dumb. What cables are you talking about that have to be tightened? I am running OS9 and so far have not experienced any problems or any of the noise everybody talks about. I have two xt's. Please explain to a dummy what cables in the event I start having problems.

Barbara

In San Antonio

Comment

Barbara,

The X-axis cable is one continuous cable that winds and unwinds around a pully . The X-axis motor is located in the upper central back portion of the machine. The cable is located and visible running along both sides of the machine under the plastic covers. It is the only wire cable with a transparent coating visble under the covers and they are routed around several small pulleys attached to the X-carriage.

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

My XT's started making the noise with ver 9 so I tightened them up a bit but did not do it to spec as I don't have a gauge. I figured if they are aready outthen if I tighten tem a bit they might ot be right but they weren't before either. I would suggest having a tech check them whenever possible which I plan to do soon with my next tech visit.
              Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Working...
              X