Thread Break-like problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Break-like problem

I have an XT with 120M stitches on it. I just completed the regular maintenance on it and now it stitches fine; however, when it picks up the needle during stitching (between letters is the worst), the thread doesn't really break, but its like the thread is being pulled through the needle. Also, it seems as though when you start to stitch (plunge, plunge, then stitch) it seems as though there is something binding or pulling the material up like the bobbin thread is catching underneath and pulling the garment up. I've tried new needles, checked the bobbin, recleaned the bobbin assy and oiled the thread cutter and still the same problem. It almost seems like a timing problem between the thread cutter and the needle. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Linus

Linus,
    It sounds like yiour retaining finger is set to close to the hook basket not allowing the thread to pass around the front of the hook freely.

Hugo Torbidoni
    Melco Tech
    301-471-3157
    Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Hugo,
      That did the trick...you're awesome and thank you very much. Thanks also for the fast response.

Linus

Comment

Linus

No problem.

It seems as though this is a common problem occuring immediatley after maintenance is performed on the XT.

Do you recall which stitch timer you were performing?

It may help others in identifing what procedure can cause this to happen.

Hugo Torbidoni
        Melco Tech
        301-471-3157
        Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Working...
        X