X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Frame Driver Screws Breaking off

Hi,

We have Amaya XT's.
    When sewing caps, twice now on two different orders, the large metal screws that you tighten by had to attach the bottom part of the cap frame is breaking off the srews. This is the part you slide in under the arm and has two metal round poles sticking out of it. You slide it in and then use two large metal round screws to hold it in place.

Four hats later they are sheered off.

Anyone else have this issue.

The screws look like they are made of some weak metal, not stainless.
    They are about two and half years old and we have maybe done 100 caps total since we have owned the machines.

Thanks
    Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

The simple/fast thing to do is to go to your local hardware store and get some kind of replacement. I have heard before that the crews that come with the machine were not so good and would eventually sheer off. You could order from Melco and pay shipping, and pay for the screws, or you could just go to you local hardware store and have it fixed in a half hour - if you can get the old screw out!

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Cool thanks.
      We ordered more from Melco today. Stupid me, I did not even think of just going to Home Depot.

Thanks,
      Steve
      Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Comment

Originally, before the large round headed thumbs screws, a standard metric allen head screw was used. I believe it is a #10 but would have to check.

In the starter kit that comes with the machine is a set of allen wrenches and also 2 other L shaped allen wrenches with a much shorter length on the short end of the L. One of the uses for one of these allen wrenches, was to be able to tighten up the allen head screws on the cap driver attachment bar.

You will notice that the large round headed thumbscrews cannot fall out because the space between the round bar and the upper bracket is too close to allow it. Hence, the short head L allen wrench, to be able to get it beween the bar and the upper bracket to tighten the allen head screws that are used for this purpose now......guess a guy/gal could revert back to the "old" way of doing this...I agree the screws that come with the cap driver now do not seem to be the best thing that Melco has ever invented. I like the idea but not the material that they are made out of.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X