installing cap frame driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing cap frame driver

I purchased a used 2004 machine from melco in May. Just got the courage to try doing caps. I got out my dvd's and am watching the one for installing the cap driver. It is not the same as my machine. can anyone give me a link to the correct video or tell me how to install it? - mary

Mary,
    Mary-o
    Have you figured this out yet? You probably have a Standard Amaya or Pre-XT Amaya, whichever one you want to call it...the folks here, on this group call them Big Reds. It has a flat topped sewing arm. There were some "Pre-production XT's sold that were Red & White and they have a round sewing arm. is yours flat or round?

The standard Amaya has a 1 piece cap driver and a centering rod that inserts into a hole/recepticle underneath the sewing arm. There is a round thumbscrew that you must loosen to get the rod inserted. Hopefully this roundheaded thumbscrew is still there as they had a habit of virating out unless they were kept tightwhen the cap driver was taken off the machine. The Standard Amaya also has a small dovetail bracket attached to the front underneath side of the sewing arm for it's forward support.

To my knowledge, there are no videos for cap driver installation, for these earlier machine types.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks Rod - that was it. I got it installed. Now I guess I have to remove it and oil it. - mary

Comment

What are you oiling?

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

It said this on the parts cd:
          Perform maintenance on the wide angle cap frame driver bearing assembly after every 100,000,000 stitches sewn using the cap frame driver.
          Then it said this:
          If you do not use the cap frame driver regularly, establish a regular periodic schedule to ensure it receives proper lubrication.
          So since I have never used it and it has been sitting her since May, I figured I better oil it.

- mary

Comment

Correct me someone if I am wrong, but you do not have to take it off to oil it. Right?

Juli in Kona
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
            X