No announcement yet.

EMT 16 Breaking Needles on caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a fyi on parts of the machine so everyone knows what is actually spoken of, there is the presser foot and needle plate rather than pressure foot and thread plate.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Just adding my experience...... 2.3" tall might be too tall for that style of cap (I don't know the make). If the design gets too high on the cap it'll buckle which'll cause the needle to bend and strike the needle plate. If the design is too low on the cap, the bill might cause the cap to lift creating the same situation. I hope you've figured it out

Comment

John I went back to my dealer for service and and there was a problem with machine. The new rotary hook on the EMT-16 has a removable blade to cut thread the one on my machine was mission a screw and blade was all loose. I can sew flats hours on end now without no major issues. But still not happy with hats. Thanks again for all your help

Originally posted by John View Post
        I only go 2.25 inches tall max on designs. 99% of everything we sew on caps is 2" or less in height.

Designs for hats need to be digitized specifically for hats. That means they are to run center out and bottom up when sewn. You digitizer should do this as long as you specify the design is for hats.

And trust me ALL my designs that I get done are quality - paying too much has nothing to do with it - but if you are happy, then great!

Comment

Working...
        X